See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We stayed in Room 146 and 147. I had put the air-con on as soon as I got to the room on Monday due to the temperature being around 35C outside. I came back about 2 hours later and there had been no change in the room temperature. I then put the air-con on it's lowest temperature and maximum speed. Went out for dinner and came back to find it still not working at all. Phoned reception, the lady said they'd send maintenance, I waited 1 hour no one came. This was now just after 9. I phone again, the lady seemed shocked no one came. 5 minutes later someone from reception came to check, they basically just looked and said they'll call maintenance. 20 minutes later, no one had come. I phoned reception, the lady at the desk said Maintenance if off for the night now. The lady offered to try get me a fan and that she'd get back to me. Needless to say, I didn't get a fan or a call back notifying me. The next morning on my way to the breakfast, I went to reception to ask what the hell was going on. The lady said don't worry I'll send someone right away. I came back to my room after having breakfast to find that the cleaning lady was there, I asked if maintenance had been while she was cleaning. She said yes they had worked on the air-con. I was finally relieved that I wouldn't be baking. I then went out with my family for the day, came back just after 1:30, guess what... air con was still broken. I had already had enough after the night before sleeping in my own perspiration and wasn't about to have that happen again. So I went straight to the front desk, the lady once again said she'll send maintenance but she doesn't know when they'll come, I asked for a fan in the mean time "Sorry sir we don't offer fans"... so much for that offer the night before then. She also told me that it had been over 1 week with this problem, first time I'm hearing of this. I had also found out my parents room next to me didn't have a working air-con either. It has been like this for over 1 WEEK in early December! I was fed up at this point, I waited for about 1 hour, maintenance came, they told me there was a leak at the chiller but they'll change the actuator for me and it should help. It didn't help at all, so my second night was spent lying on top of my bedding, blazing hot and no windows to open in the room so absolutely no fresh air either. It was an utter disaster, front desk/maintenance was never actually helpful, I can't believe a problem like this had been going on for over 1 week and it was effecting multiple rooms!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I stayed at this venue for one night/two days for a work seminar: 23-24 Oct 2017. The room and food were nice. Room clean and tidy. Food tasty ! Staff is friendly and the conference venue we used was not too bad. However, disappointingly the air conditioner in this conference venue did not work.... for two days. On the 1st day we informed the staff , no response. Second day informed the manager and was told they experience technical challenges, We were offered an alternative venue but declined as we were almost done.
Will we use this venue again? Probably !

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Room very clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly. It is not expensive. Probably the best hotel in Worcester. Stayed only for 1 night. Did not have breakfast. Our room was facing the the N1 but very quiet. No road noise at all.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2017

This is not a top of range lodge but it is always clean, the personnel kind and helpful and everything within reach. I suggest the bookings should not be handled by the receptionists since we have been kept waiting whilst such a booking was handled over the telephone and it didn't make a good impression... I found the waiters in the breakfast area really helpful when I have asked for boiled eggs rather than fried eggs in stead.

Room tip: I always prefer the bottom rooms, closest to the breakfast area and was never disappointed and it is definitely not noisy.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Thank Prof. Elain V
Reviewed July 6, 2017

Another pleasant short stay but this establishment is at the point where some of the tired looking areas require refurbishment to lift it a notch.

Staff friendly and helpful, check-in and out was quick and painless. The suite is a good size with a king sized bed, a nice living room and a double bathroom.

Room service available at the lodge but other meals can be had at the casino. The meals on offer at the two eateries inside the casino complex are average.

A convenient stop for an overnight stay.

Date of stay: July 2017