“Sunday = foodday made by baba au rhum”
Review of Baba Au Rhum

Baba Au Rhum
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Arpora
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: BABA AU RHUM HAS MOVED LOCATION Baba au Rhum is a quaint cafe now situated on the back Baga-Anjuna road. It is located at the border of Arpora - Anjuna. The cafe is set back in the jungle where you sit under the trees and can enjoy the view. We offer french home baked breads and cakes as well as serve a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our specialities are pizza, burgers, quiches, french pastries. Be curious come and have a look
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Well... I landed up at kitchen closing time but they somehow managed by request for burger.... Thanks Team... Was relaxing at upper ling lounge....

Dayini, Owner at Baba Au Rhum, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review, we are happy we managed to satisfy you!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

One of the many nice things about Baba Au Rhum is that it is a pleasant meandering walk away from the brilliant gelato place at Anjuna; a walk that still feels like the Goa I knew decades ago before the state surrendered to an completely unplanned and therefore disastrous way to become a tourist destination. Walk ideally in the monsoon times or in "winter"; I would perhaps not do this in the peak of summer.

The only bad news about walking these days is the need to look out for cow pats, that are a very unwelcome addition to the Goan scene since 2014. Local roads which were and still are safe to walk on late at night, now needs one to carry a torch to avoid this ridiculous hazard, that is in a completely opposite direction to what is supposed to be a tourist friendly place, that lives on tourist spend.

The place has a very comfortable vibe about it and the excellent music playlist certainly helps. I asked to get it via email, but strangely enough, the request was denied. Strange, because the best restaurants in the West have no hesitation these days in having their playlists put on Spotify and the like. Ah well...

I can't name what exactly we ate/drank because memory fails me; I do know I had an excellent seafood salad. Unfortunately since we were just two, we are unable to order the pizzas anywhere we go to because then one pizza is all we would end up being able to eat. But for larger groups I am sure that the pizzas would be a good idea, seeing how good the served baguettes were.

Highly recommended then, for a long/lazy brunch/lunch, and if you can get it, a table at the extreme end of the place, overlooking the green fields, is the place to sit.

They do serve the same gelato, but I would recommend the walk, or drive, up to the gelato store for the best experience of that. And while Baba Au Rhum has a good dessert list, my preference would be to walk for the gelato. Cherry flavour, if you ask me, every time.

Thank you for your lovely review, sorry for not wanting to share our playlist with you. Leo my business partner is a DJ and he does not like to share his music he wants people to come and listen! We are glad to know you enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed having you!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

The prawn and avocado salad was massive with loads of prawns. Sadly the lettuce wasn't great and the pomegranate didn't go with the combination.

Similarly the ham and cheese croissant was large and well stuffed for sure but the croissant was soggy.

The restaurant was filled to bursting with noisy Indian tourists and screaming kids. Missed the chilled, laid back vibe of previous visits.

Dayini, Owner at Baba Au Rhum, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Sorry to hear you did not like the food, will.have a look into that. If you want to avoid the noisy crowd come on a week day and you will find your peacefull vibe

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We went for Breakfast with Family and Kids. We loved the food a lot. The staff were good and helped us to choose what is best for us. The ambiance i=was great.

Thank you , we enjoyed having you too!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Super shack hidden in a remote corner of Arpora. On the edge of a creek. Excellent pizza milk shaes and desserts. Casual and hip, though getting a tad too popular and bisy now. I liked it better a couple of years back. Only downside is the stray dogs outside.

Dayini, Owner at Baba Au Rhum, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us, we are sorry about the dogs, we keep getting animal rescue to come and take care of them but new dogs keep coming. Its a Goan Problem!
We look forward to having you amongst soon again.