“Beautiful, relaxing, regenerative”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
New Lenox, Illinois
“Beautiful, relaxing, regenerative”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I spent 9 days here late Feb-early March. Unfortunately, I was here on business so didn't get to take advantage of the many amenities - pool, spa, yoga and meditation classes, etc. But I did get a chance to stroll around the grounds a few times, and was so rejuvenated each time! The attention to detail here is incredible. Anything you wish, the staff will do their best to see that you get it. I became was ill for a few days while I was here, and when I called the service desk, they had a doctor at my room within 30 minutes, and the hotel sent a beautiful bouquet of "get well" roses to my room. As someone else mentioned, the one drawback for me was the food, but then I don't like Indian food, and the menu of the one Italian restaurant, while everything was delicious, became old after 9 days of ordering from the same menu. But I would definitely come back here, given the opportunity - would love to spend a leisure vacation here sometime.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear dprice1874,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort and my staff. You must most certainly visit again and experience our award-winning Sereno Spa, our swimming pool, the yoga and meditation sessions, the pristine Arossim beach and a lot more. In regard to the food options besides Indian and Italian cuisine; we offer a selection of Goan cuisine, Asian cuisine and seafood grills. We look forward to another opportunity to delight you.

Thomas Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 26 March 2012

we stayed here at the park from 31jan-4feb 2012 for four nights with our kids aged 8 and 3. the hotel is immaculately maintained the lawns are well manicured with water bodies all over. the pools are large and the kids had a blast.the beach is very clean with water sports available. zeebop by the sea is a good beach shack which can be reached by walking along the beach. the breakfast sread was very good with a large choice and the palms restaurant was outstanding for the atmosphere and seafood. The staff are very attentive and the service was excellent. the only slight problem i had was when we had hired the services of a babysitter one evening the staff from the reception who had arranged the babysitter hadnt made a record for this hence the baby sitter turned up at the right time but the staff didnt know which room she was requested for. luckily i had heard the staff talking to the babysitter and rembered her name but by the time i called reception they had already send her back. however soon as i called they called the babysitter and send a car to pick her up, they extended my reservation at the palms and were offered 2 cocktails on the house. so i would say the problem was rectified and the situation was well handled by the staff.
we had a very pleasant stay and we will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: deluxe room comes with a outdoor shower and a patio, zeebpo by the sea is a good beach shack which i...
Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Sujesh J,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologise for the inconvenience you were put through, but I am glad to know that we were able to make amends and contribute towards making your experience with us truly memorable. Thank you for your kind comments about our resort in particular the breakfast buffet spread and our restaurant Palms. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Tampere
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have stayded nine times (2002-2012) in the Park Hyatt Goa. Jan-feb is best time to come to Goa from north Europe and to stay longer ime, now five weeks. Weather in Goa is then so warm and sunny. The Park Hyatt Goa is fantastic place. It´s real luxorious, best in Goa. We have stayed in many great hotels all over the word, but the Park Hyatt Goa is something special, unique athmosphere. It is extremely well maintened, thanks the former and new General Manageners, Mr. Marc and Mr. Thomas, and the fantastic staff. We feel them as friends. Specially we liked spacious rooms and great food in 3 restaurants, The Palms is top. Stay to this hotel and you can relax really. We abslolutely recommend. Now we are planning next stay in the hotel.
Markku and Osmo, Finland

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank MarkkuTampere
Dear MarkkuTampere,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us time and again. Guests such as yourself are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team and I. I am delighted to know you consider our resort ‘special’ and ‘unique’. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Park Hyatt is billed as one of the best in Goa. I don't agree at all. First of all the location is poor. Its an impressive building and property but then all goan 5 star resorts are. While the staff is well trained, the cleanliness, especially near the outdoor breakfast area was pathetic. The beach was too pristine for our liking. No action at all. Garden View base rooms are very small. VFM is poor. So although a good resort but there are definitely better in goa.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank worldtour12
Dear worldtour12,

Thank you for your candid review about our resort. I am deeply disheartened to know that we were unable to meet your expectations and provide you with an experience that is testimony to the Park Hyatt brand. In regard to the cleanliness near the outdoor breakfast area, thank you for bringing it to my notice. I have raised this concern with the respective department for improvement. I am also disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your time at the beach. Most of our guests who stay with us, are impressed with the beach owing to the fact that it is one of the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in South Goa.I do hope you will visit us again and give us an opportunity to serve you and see the difference your feedback has made.

alberta
Reviewed 23 March 2012

As a repeat guest; I would like to say that this is a beautiful and very comfortable property. Nice clean beach; good food and attentive staff make your staff a good one. The sound-proofing is not the best and you are often woken up early in the morning with the sounds of the staff speaking or doing work would be one of my only complaints. It is very easy to arrange for local tours or hire a car and driver for a few hours or the day. I certainly will be returning to this resort with confidence of having a good experience there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ykbuffalo
Dear ykbuffalo,

Thank you for staying with us! I am delighted to read such positive comments about various aspects of our resort in particular our staff. I regret to know that you were disturbed by noise from outside your room and I have raised this concern with the respective department for improvement . Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Pune
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The Park Hyatt is a beautiful and very large property. We had a fabulous time at the beach and at the pool which has fun water slides, etc - excellent for kids. It is also very close to the airport which is convenient.

unfortunately we had been put in a basement room which had a weird lemony scent (with a not so nice smell being masked with the lemony scent). We thought this was the cleaning solution they had used...and didn't realize until the last day that only the basement rooms had this smell. It seemed like there was fungus or something similar because of the humidity in the rooms. This was very unpleasant for the time we spent in the rooms and at night when we slept there.

However, overall, our trip was great. We were there for a business conference. Other guests spoke highly of their rooms (the villas and cottage type rooms at the property).

The service in the restaurants is not very good either. Alot of the menu items are only available only at certain times and the drinks/bar service was very slow.

Room Tip: Avoid basement rooms!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank gauri83
Dear gauri83,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our resort. It is unfortunate that you have experienced an untoward incident during your stay here and I do apologise for the inconvenience . At the onset, I would like to make you aware that our rooms are designed to resemble Indo-Portuguese style villas and therefore we have guest rooms on the ground floor and first floor only. I believe you are referring to the rooms on the ground floor. During the monsoons, high humidity induces dampness and our house keeping team takes the required measures to avoid this by spraying the rooms with air fresheners, airing the rooms and using dehumidifiers. It is rather rare that the smell does linger on.

In regard to the options on the menus at our restaurants; we offer a selection of Indian, Italian, Goan, Asian and seafood grills. Our chefs would however be delighted to serve a particular dish which is not on the menu on special request.

These are just explanations and by no means excuses. I do hope you will reconsider visiting us again and I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed here with our 3 year old this January. The hotel is lovely and well maintained. The staff are really friendly and helpful
The food is quite bad, bland and unappetising and some kebabs we ordered looked suspiciously raw! Avoid the Indian restaurant if you can, the other ones were ok. The rooms have poor air conditioning and we had to sleep with the very noisy fan on and without covers.
The pool is nice especially for kids as it has slides and different levels but we had a strange experience. One family with young kids entered the pool with the children fully dressed and proceeded to splash around. The younger who couldn't have been more than 2 then poohed in the pool! The father went and called a pool attendant who started fishing around with some sort of net! By then we were seriously grossed out and pulled our child out of the pool. They did put in some disinfectant but didn't warn anyone around or in the first place stop those kids from entering the Pool in their pyjamas minus a swimming nappy! I don't like to think that I knew of this incident only cos I saw it happen. They should have evacuated the pool and cleaned up.
The beach is very nice and easily accessible by a short walk across the grounds. Stick to the wooden path in the evening as there is an unfenced lotus pond in the grass.
The evening entertainment is okay - the tabla player really stood out with an awesome jugalbandi.
The spa is great though a bit disorganised as you book a spot and then go there to find people roaming about in dressing gowns and attendants ducking into the staff room behind the reception. The massage was really good though and lived up to all the greatest spa in the world hype.
I would recommend staying here if you like a pretty and quiet resort and its great if You have kids though watch out for kidsin jammies in thepool! maybe hiring a car to go out and eat out might work. One thing to note is that we don't eat seafood so maybe the seafood is better I don't know.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank JD1316
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear JD1316,

Thank your for your detailed feedback of your stay with us. At the onset, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate incidents you experienced during your time here, although I assure you that this is not typical of our otherwise high standards we aim to achieve. I am glad you brought these incidents to my notice, I will take it up with the concerned departments to ensure that corrective training is strongly enforced. Thank you for your positive comments about our staff. We do hope you will visit again and see the difference your review has made.

Kind regards,
Thomas Abraham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
14.7 km away
25.6 km away
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 65 in Candolim

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!