“Lack of Items on the Menu”
Review of French Baker

French Baker
Ranked #77 of 203 Restaurants in Marikina
Cuisines: French
Reviewed December 26, 2016

My wife and I went to the French Baker for lunch. We usually eat there when we visit SM Marikina as we live in Antipolo and I also buy the English Bread when we are there as I like this very much. The local Gardenia bread is too sweet for me and as I am an Englishman I like the bread as it has a more rustic taste and more salt.

We sat down and went to order.

I ordered the German Sausage with Potato Salad and we were informed by the server that it was not available.

So then I ordered the Steak Sandwich and again we were informed by the server that it was not available.

I asked about the Fish and Chips and again we were informed by the server that it was not available.

So I asked what food did they have? And I eventually ordered the Blue Cheese Burger. I was told that this was not available but then I was informed that it was.

My wife ordered the Soup on a Bread Bowl and again we were informed by the server that it was not available.

So my wife settled for the Salad Starter.

After I had paid for the order we had not received any water so I asked another server for this and she gave us a carafe of water.

My wife’s Salad Starter arrived first and then after some 10 minutes my Blue Cheese Burger and this was accompanied by a few straggly BBQ chips that looked like the bottom of the bag.

We finished our meal and as we were leaving we noticed two tables that had the Soup on a Bread Bowl so seemingly it was available after all.

Not one of our better visits to this establishment and I have written to the French Baker but they have chosen not to respond. Pity that.....

Also, the baking staff were very noisy, shouting and playing about and this does not look good in front of the patrons.

Reviewed September 29, 2015

I love the affordable French pastries and bread. Some Italian influence too in the pastas. The place and very clean and the staff efficient. I love the salads too. Lunch here is always delightful.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Me and my friend is in SM Marikina and we decided to have our lunch here at French Baker. Staff attentively got our order. She gave us the order slip and asked us to pay at the counter. I mean really? We are at the dinning table but we were asked to approach the counter area to pay first? This is odd, because usually you will need to ask for the bill when you're finished with your food. The staffs are not that friendly though, especially those who take and delivers your order. They seem very eager to finish each transaction.

The food is great. We ordered Chicken Salad Croissant (Php175) and Fettucine ala Carbonara (Php175). which is why I give my rating a 3. Price is also above average. Well I will still go back here because of the food, but it will be best if they improve their customer service. Smiling attracts customers!!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was actually looking for another restaurant in SM Marikina but since I found French Baker in your list, I decided to write a review. Service here is very quick and efficient. In addition to ordered drinks, they provide you with water with orange slices in a carafe. Our favorite dishes are chicken a la king for me and chicken cordon bleu for my husband. Sometimes I order the soup in a bread bowl and my husband orders honey roast pork a l'orange. All dishes are consistent in flavor and are reasonably priced. The place is clean and ambiance is informal but relaxing. Would recommend it to friends if they are in the Marikina area.