Quinta do Rol
US$77
Hotel Restaurante Dom Lourenco(Lourinha)(Great Value!)
US$55
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

West Coast Surf Hostel(Lourinha)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$44
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
US$44
US$164
TripAdvisor
Noiva do Mar(Atalaia)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshorse ridingbeautiful horsesequestrian centrelusitano horsesthe ownerportuguese foodwine tastingexceeded my expectationsindoor schoolattention to detailfantastic weekfirst classriding abilityself cateringperfect hostsspecial holidaybeautiful estate
Reviewed November 17, 2017

So that must say something about how good it is. Really fabulous horses, very well cared for and beautifully schooled. They are a pleasure to ride. Lovely accommodation, very comfortable beds, great swimming pool/leisure area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol_WVS
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Perfect place to be, to live, to enjoy, to relax, to be happy!
This wonderful place with the energy and heart of Rita & Carlos and their staff, Portuguese hospitality, beautiful houses and rooms with so many lovely details, five star pool and outdoor area, traditional local Portuguese food (prepared with love and fresh local ingredients) and on the top the wine and champagne of Quinta do Rol.
Every single day a surprise and unique moment.
From the beautiful, so high educated and well treated Lusitanos (the Quinta do Rol animals belong to the family), all with different nice characters and the smart teachers Pedro and Gonçalo I learn so unbelievable much in a short time (also for my Lusitano at home) and always with so much fun and laughter.
Thank you so much for this dream and friendship, whether beach riding, working equitation, swimming, dining, riding, surfing, beachwalking or relaxing!
I miss the Quinta and her people and I will continue to come back again and again and again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 161Daniela161
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic week at Quinta Da Rol.
First the place, the place was AMAZING. Beautiful environment outdoors,cozy rooms and a modern riding house and stable!

The riding lessons were so great and I learnt a lot! Pedro and Gonzales taught me so much and they matched me with horses that were perfect for me. The horses get treated like kings and queens and it was a joy to see that they were taken so well of. And the horses were fantastic to ride.

The food was so good! It was fun to try pure Portuguese food and everything tasted so well. The staff were so nice to us!

Rita, Pedro, Gonzales and everyone else at Quinta Da Rol, thank you for a fantastic week! I will come back next year! ❤️

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Riding lessons were excellent.Both the horses and the instructors. The owners of the Quinta do Rol were very friendly. The rooms were quite small and the soundproofing was poor, at least in the 4-bedroom apartment we were staying. The food was simple but delicious, much better than in some of the restauraunts we visited during our trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Yet again the magic of Quinta do Rol enveloped me. There is nothing about my experience here that diminishes even with repeat visits. Each time in fact there is a new sparkle - this time the luxury of the pool added another relaxing option.

It was said once to allow oneself to open up to the experience and this holds so true at Quinta. From Rita, to Emily, Pedro, Goncalo and all the people on the property, as well as the magnificent Lusitano's and dogs, Quinta do Rol is an epic Portuguese experience!

Instead of looking for fault, allow yourself to be taken on a dream journey of excellent horsemanship, wondrous vistas and a deeply gastronomic journey.

I read one (only one!!) negative review on the food which initially shocked me as each meal is eagerly anticipated but after reflection perhaps the guest was unable to open themselves to the experience that is uniquely Quinta do Rol.

Rita puts 100% personal effort into her guests experience and this flows down through all that work there. Nothing is too much but still you feel like a guest and not a resident at an impersonal hotel. It is not a restaurant but instead you are partaking as a family member in meals enjoyed by everyone there.

I suggest that if you have particular food requirements instead to take full advantage of the excellent kitchen facilities provided and prepare yourself. Personally although the diet is not what I always would choose for myself, I have enough experience traveling internationally to instead be open to the experience provided of a 5* Portuguese family and am continuously delighted by introductions to new dining.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo