“Velvety gazpacho”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Welcomed graciously with a reservation, we both enjoyed the best gazpacho ever! Bill's risotto with shrimp was creamy and very tasty. My grilled fish was cooked to perfection but needed something other than mashed potatoes and soft vegetables (except for the carrots) as sides. Hindsight suggests that other accompaniments would have been better choices. My plate also did not match Oviedo's presentation standards. For dessert Marquise to chocolate was exceptional and matched our expectations for delight to the eye as well as the palate.

The setting and art are lovely and the service matches fine dining. Sincerely appreciated the menu in English. Regrettably another patron persisted in making loud calls on his cell phone.

1  Thank DebandBill
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Lunch on our final day in Buenos Aires at this restaurant recommended by friends. Without a doubt the very best meal of our 26 day trip. It was so hot today and the Gazpacho was both superbly balanced and an ideal entree. The Seafood Risotto and Patagonian Lamb were both delicious and the Creme Caramel with dulce de leche a fabulous finish. The wine list is excellent and the service both professional and friendly. Our waiter was a delight. We look forward to coming back when we next visit Buenos Aires.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

My husband and I ate here on one of our first evenings in Buenos Aires during our honeymoon in October 2016 and we were very pleased with our experience. We were looking for a nice place that did an early dinner (since we were doing a tango class at 9pm and wanted to eat beforehand) and was close to the AirBnB where we were staying. Oviedo filled all those requirements and we were not disappointed! We were the only people in the restaurant for a while when we arrived 7pm, and we experienced a lovely, perfectly-paced meal all the same. We enjoyed a delicious shrimp appetizer, hearty entrees (pasta and steak), and flavorful desserts (that weren’t too heavy). We also ordered a couple of glasses of red wine and everything was reasonably priced. Our waiter checked in on us frequently (but not too much) and was very helpful considering our limited Spanish. More people did come in as we were finishing up dinner, but I’m sure if we had arrived later we would have received the same excellent service and quality of food. If you ever find yourself staying in the Recoleta area of Buenos Aires, be sure to check out Oviedo for a delicious meal!

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Nothing more than this: I can´t say if it was bad luck, the place looks very nice, but my girlfriend´s fork was dirty. I payed for the sodas we ordered (before she saw it) an we went to another place.

1  Thank FernandoJohara
Reviewed February 11, 2017

My wife and I had a terrific dinner here. The atmosphere was wonderful -- beautiful table setting, enough spacing between tables to have an intimate conversation, and cozy sound dynamics. We each had fish and the preparation of each dish was sublime. The waiter was very helpful in navigating the extensive wine list.