Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$11
eDreamsUS$11
TripadvisorUS$11
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2015

I booked this hotel over the internet two months before leaving, I received e-mails confirming my book weeks before arrive there and the day I arrived they said I hadn't booked. They gave us a small room and no explanation about anything, changed the price of booking from the one I got on the internet, basically I felt they wanted to get more money than it was right to give. The bathroom was totally weird, too small with no divisions, so when I took a shower the whole bathroom use to get under water. The location is good but the hotel is awful, I have been to Buenos Aires before and if it's your first time look for something better, maybe a lil bit more expensive but at least you'll have a good experience.

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

In a lively area, Lavalle with plenty of shops, resteraunts and bars. Cost approximately £20 per night. Good value for this part of town. The place itself is old and a fair bit tired looking but is clean. I had to pay in US$ as I did not have enough Pesos. They say they accept Visa/Mastercard etc, but when speaking with a few other people it seems the card machine is "always broken". In general worth what you pay.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CraigsdSmith
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed here for four nights, paying about USD25/night for a double room (single occupancy) with private bathroom. I cannot stress enough the importance of paying with actual US cash, not pesos; it doesn't matter if you're not American, bring USD with you. (This is probably good advice for visiting Argentina generally; search the web and make up your own mind.)

Assuming you do pay in USD, the hotel is exceptional value for money (by Buenos Aires standards). The location is excellent, walkable for many tourist attractions and not far from a number of Subte stations if you wish to go further afield. It is about a fifteen minute walk from Plaza de Mayo so cheapskates like myself can take the number 8 bus from the airport when they arrive - it takes about 2 hours but costs under 10 pesos, though you must pay with coins (or find a friendly local who will take cash from you and pay with their SUBE card on your behalf).

The catch is that the hotel is decidedly shabby. The paint was peeling off just about everywhere in my room, the ceiling was dirty, the plastic handles on the wardrobe were smashed. However, it is clean where it matters - the bed, toilet, sink, bidet, floor and wardrobe were all spotless and there were no signs of any vermin. The bed was a bit saggy but I slept OK. The room had no air-conditioning but there was a ceiling fan and an openable window, and I found that adequate.

The tiled floor was a little treacherous after showering; be careful!

The wifi was hugely variable. I always got a good signal, but some days it worked well and other days was so slow as to be essentially unusable even for basic web browsing; at these times it was just enough to allow me to send e-mail using an app on my phone.

They let me leave my bag during the day after I checked out.

I can't rate this hotel any higher than average overall just because of the physical condition of the room. I am rating it average for cleanliness because it is clean where it matters, and top marks for value for money.

For travellers on a budget who don't fancy a hostel - I do stay in them sometimes, but after my long flight from the UK I didn't want to go straight into a dormitory - this is a good option. I would definitely consider staying here again on a future visit to Buenos Aires.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank ZornsLemma
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Some may say this place doesn't deserve this many stars. And if my standards were higher and I were a more entitled American, I'd agree. There are many cons: most rooms are small and cramped, walls are crumbling, plaster is old, bathrooms need mildew expunged from walls, and it can be noisy. However, when you keep in mind that it is in an awesome location and the ownership is nice, accommodating to requests, it's super affordable, and they provide reasonable currency exchange rates and arrange an airport remis (hired car), the quality of the rooms fades into the background as you can relax and enjoy your overall Buenos Aires experience. Like laendersammler, we were looking for a place that was centrally located and close to the Buquebus terminal and we also booked it via Booking.com. Ask for the room upgrade to either of the rooms 1-4; they have a private bathroom, 2 beds (1 twin & 1 double), and a balcony to look out on Lavalle, the pedestrian street below. Very nice. We were not happy with the first room we were offered but after paying a minor upgrade charge we stayed for 3 nights and were pleased with our choice.

Room tip: As above, request rooms 1-4 as they have private bathrooms and a balcony to sit and drink wine on while overlooking the world as it passes below.
Date of stay: October 2013
1  Thank Phil G
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were redirected to this place, even though we booked another hostel (DownTownMate Hostel) via venere.com. We were not automatically notified about that by them, instead we found out by chance, when we called to ask for directions. The owner own both this place and DownTownMate. We did not want to stay at this place.

POS: free internet, which actually works. There was a ceiling fan in the room.

NEG: this place is shady and run down. Beggars and homeless people hang out on the outer stairs. The room is not of any standard, the wallpaper peels off the wall, there were scary stains on the walls. The bathroom was even worse with just a shower head on the wall, which was installed right in front of the WC, meaning you kind of showered onto the toilet. No shower curtains, the whole room was under water after showering. No breakfast, no fridge.

LOCATION: pretty central in the Obelisk area downtown, no shortage of restaurants and Cafès nearby
STAFF: no English at all, without Spanish you will be lost here
LOCKER: no