“I felt like part of the city”

Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Ranked #161 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stayed here twice in 3 weeks. First for business then came back 4 days later to stay with my wife. I liked that it was off the beaten path but had friendly staff that was amazingly helpful.

They offered to make me reservations daily which I only had to take once.
They did a load of laundry for only $10 including folding.
The rooms were amazingly clean.
Even the guy at night spoke some English. The day crew spoke great English.

It was by a school and I loved to hear the bells ring.
It was 3.5 blocks from the subway which takes you right to the Pink house, congreso, and all the downtown sites.
It was cheaper than other places.

I didn't like that the shower didn't have a door, but I always had an extra towel to throw on the floor so it wasn't a big deal.

It's not a 5 star hotel but it does deserve the Excellent rating here on TripAdvisor for what it is: a good, clean, friendly, well-priced hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires

Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed at the Raco hotel for several nights. The hotel itself is a former house and is quite elegant. What really is great about this hotel, though, is the staff. They helped me find stores in Buenos Aires and gave me good information about a tour of the city, as well as helping me with several other things. They ordered dinner for me a couple of nights as well. The daily breakfast was great. There is a subway stop about three blocks away and from there you can go anywhere you want to in the city. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mesquite69
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Great boutique hotel: comfortable, stylish and well-located for us. Everybody there was very helpful with bookings for tango show, taxis, etc. and gave good advice on restaurants and anything else we asked about. They lent us a laptop when we needed to send and pick up emails. Good breakfasts too. We definitely want to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArgyDinah
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The comments are true. This boutique hotel is very well connected to downtown using the subway, is located in peaceful surroundings and has outstanding staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed at the Raco twice, I enjoyed it so much! The service was brilliant, English speaking and the front desk super helpful - even looking at booking me flights and accommodation when I was travelling around Argentina. The rooms are beautiful, all individually decorated. Small but perfectly formed bathrooms. Close to the Subte, which is very cheap to get to town, and a convenient cab ride from major sites of interest. I would definitely recommend staying here if you go to Buenos Aires!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We stayed for appr. 11/2 weeks in the Racó de Buenos Aires and had an excellent stay! The staff is incredible friendly and helpful. Each time we had a question, needed some advice we were assisted immediately.
The hotel itself is located in a beautiful building, the rooms are spacious, clean and up-to-date. The Subte is only a few blocks away and, therefore, trips to e.g. microcentro only take about 20 minutes. A lot of shops are close by the hotel, restaurants as well. Just as at the reception and you get excellent advice!
Above all we liked the service, the friendliness of the staff. It was really a pleasure to stay in the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Suggested to arrange airport pickup with the hotel as the location is difficult even for taxi driver to locate. Staff members were friendly. They spoke good English and were always ready to offer help. The room had all the essentials. Environment was neat and tidy, very comfortable and home-like. Sleep was disturbed by mosquito one night though. It's 10 mins' walk to subway (avoid taking subway in peak hours! You can hardly imagine how crowded it can be!!). Overall it's a pleasant stay and we would choose the same hotel if we have chance to go to BA again :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends