Ayres de Recoleta Plaza
US$234
US$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$535
CasaSur Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
US$202
US$191
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$128
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$279
US$205
  • Restaurant
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$233
US$161
  • Pool
All reviewsdining tablefully stocked kitchenettebreakfast brought to the roomapartment styleper ridewater pipesgreat locationfamous cemeterya small grocery storeel sanjuaninoapartment hoteleach morningcoffee tableupscale mallstayed here for nightsfront desk staffstored our luggage
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The rooms are really small studio apartments. There is a grocery store across the street so it was handy to have the kitchen. The staff was very helpful. The only negative was the noise, which was more than ideal but not enough to ruin the experience. I highly recommend and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The location is the highlight: close not only to the Recoleta cemetery (and therefore easy to direct taxi drivers in BsAs: 'take me to Recoleta cemetery' but also close to parks, the Musee des Beaux Arts, Palermo etc.

Breakfast is delivered to room; you tick what you want on arrival, then each day call for breakfast and it arrives within 10 minutes. Breakfast is fair; we found tastier fare (especially oats, bread, juice) at the supermarket opposite.

A note on airport transportation in Buenos Aires:
I ordered an airport transfer back to Ezeiza airport from the hotel desk. This arrived on time and was good value (ARS 180) but it could have been better, since it was in an unmarked car with a large spiderweb crack in the windscreen. Getting from Ezeiza to the city centre was much more problematic. I hadn't looked into this before arriving. When I arrived I walked to a booth OUTSIDE Ezeiza airport arrivals (see photo attached), passing the half dozen men aggressively touting taxis. The booth was marked 'Taxi - Authorized Cars'. It looks like the official taxi booths you see in other cities (Delhi...) which help prevent tourists being ripped off. This booth was different. I told the man sitting in the booth I wanted to go to the centre of Buenos Aires. I gave him the hotel name and address. He wrote something on a piece of paper which he then gave TO ONE OF THE MEN TOUTING TAXIS! Instead of stopping there, I trusted the two men. The driver walked me to his black and yellow taxi parked >1 km away. He then drove me with the meter off to a place around the corner from the hotel. He then showed me the piece of paper the man at the booth had written, which said 'ARS 498'. This is outrageous: over USD 110, more than double the market rate. I paid. On my way out of BsAs I went back to the booth and asked him how much the same transfer should cost; he said ARS 170. Since he had five aggressive taxi drivers standing around his booth I decided not to get out my receipt and argue with him about the rip-off a week earlier.

In retrospect I would have ordered a return transfer from Taxi Ezeiza (http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/eng/) for ARS 190 out and ARS 170 back. Their blue and white booth is INSIDE the terminal building, after arrivals. (See their photo attached.)

Room Tip: 301/401/501 etc. are on the corner of the building facing the Recoleta cemetery so have the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank kauffmad
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel two times on our trip to Argentina. Both times we were impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The location is great, and the view from the rooms in the front are fantastic. TRhe only thing that they could improve is the wi-fi. It is free in the lobby area, but they charge for it in the room.

Room Tip: High up and in Front
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have mostly positive things to say about this hotel but I will start with my only major negative: The walls separating the rooms are very very thin so you can hear your immediate neighbors.

There are 4 rooms per floor so 2 rooms on each side of the elevator. You can hear noise very loudly from the room right next to your room. We were able to hear our neighbors talking, opening drawers and even the wire hangers jiggling in the closet. We were in a room away from the street so we heard absolutely no noise from outside of the hotel. The room next to us was empty during part of our stay but when the next door occupants checked in we could hear them coming in at 5am every night.

Pros: Location was great (see below for more about the location), all rooms are smoke-free, rooms are clean, staff spoke English very well and were helpful, room has a fully stocked kitchenette, that is stocked with cookware/dishes/utensils. There was also a microwave and an empty refrigerator with freezer so you can store food and drinks.

Location: The location is very convenient and was the main reason I chose the hotel. It is very close to Recoleta Cemetery (we could see it from our balcony) and the main plaza in Recoleta.
There are many restaurants very close to the hotel. There is also a small supermarket right across street. Also a bit further but nearby is a mall (with a food court and a McDonalds).
It was also very easy to find a taxi from the hotel. There is also a tourist information center nearby.

Amenities: There is health club right off the lobby but it looked small. There is also an outdoor pool (which I never used but saw from the lobby) but it is very small-more like a plunge pool. I do not think it looked big enough to swim. It is visible from the lobby so it is not very private.

There is Wi-Fi in the room but there is a charge for it per day. In the lobby, there are 2 computers with internet access that are available for free. If the computers in the lobby are occupied and you do not want to pay for Wi-Fi in the room, there is free Wi-Fi in the mall and in the McDonalds that you can access on your smartphone.

Finally, I made a reservation directly by emailing the hotel. They quoted us a rate with breakfast but we asked and received a lower rate without breakfast. We were still able to order breakfast and pay for it if we wanted to. Breakfast is served in the room.

Overall I was very happy with this hotel and think it offers a lot for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PattiGe
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Great upscale hotel without the high prices. More like a studio apartment. Store close by so you can shop for food and drinks and you have a kitchenette. Pool was great to cool off in after a day of sightseeing. Staff was wonderful and helpful. Very happy with the location.
The wifi is not free in the room and does go in and out, and makes you constantly resign in. Only point of frustration.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street are noisy. There is a night club across the street and they party late here. Very noisy around 4am or 5am when the club closes.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo