B&B Tango & Bandoneon
CasaSur Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
US$202
US$191
  • Breakfast included
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$78
  • Pool
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$148
  • Breakfast included
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
  • Breakfast included
NH Buenos Aires Crillon(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$69
US$689
US$535
  • Pool
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$279
US$205
  • Restaurant
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$242
US$158
US$132
US$125
US$139
US$134
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 6, 2012

First, let's make it clear that what TripAdvisor lists as B&B's in Argentina, are primarily guest houses or hostels, depending where you come from I guess. My family stayed in a four person en suite room on the first floor, adjacent to the dining/common area. The room and guest house were very clean. Natalia greeted us upon our arrival and pointed out where everything in the neighborhood and city was. She was also wonderfully gracious to allow us to store a suitcase with her while we travelled about the country for over a week.
While the weather was hot (February), we had evidently just missed some awful days and were able to sleep at night. As other reviewers pointed out, that may have not been easy if the temperatures were much higher. As I indicated, our room opened onto the dining area, and the thin glass doors did little to stop the noise of set-up for the breakfast crowd, or of the guests eating, so sleeping in was/is not an option unless you where ear plugs, which I opted for after the first night. While smoking is not permitted in the guest bedrooms, it is permitted in the common areas, and I could notice some incursion into our room. This is not atypical based on my limited experiences in other guest houses within Argentina.
Breakfast was typical Argentine - rolls and coffee, and was fine. The location was okay, but there are limited restaurants in the area, and we tried most of them. Of what is available, the only one I would highly recommend is Lo Rafael.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The Good: Incredible staff (especially Natalia...there to make sure you're stay is superb!). Loads of character in this place. Showers hot, kitchen stocked enough (oven, stove, microwave, and fridge....minimal pots/pans, but never had an issue getting what I needed) and wifi always strong.

In areas of improvement: Only three small issues. The first is that there is no keys to the location, and in order to leave you must find a worker to let you out and to enter you must press the bell and wait for somebody to let you in. Not an issue, but I always felt guilty bothering somebody when I wanted to leave (especially early in the morning) or when I came in late. Secondly, there is no A/C...I was in a 4 person dorm, and it was so hot I wasn't able to sleep (here in February so in the summer). There is a ceiling fan, but the room is so big the fan has no impact (no windows in the room). The last is the bathrooms for the dorm requires you to walk through an outside courtyard, which most days is no issue...but when it is pouring down rain you can't go to the bathroom or use the kitchen without getting soaked =(

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed in the shared dorm in this hostel from the 2nd to the 7th February. The hostel is kept very clean and the rooms and bathrooms are cleaned each day. The hostel is nice and relaxed and not noisy at all. Wi-fi access in all the rooms and shared computers to use as well.

What makes the hostel is the owner Natalia though, as soon as i arrived she supplied me with a map, pointing out the local attractions and where to go. She was always willing to answer questions and give tips on good places to go.

A great hostel at a bargain price!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank James S
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights over New Year, 4 nights in an en-suite room and 2 nights in a shared bathroom room on the very top floor.
The hostess makes this hostel for me, she is so lovely and genuine and eager to help with anything.
The en-suite room was comfortable and we slept well, the only issue was that it was a little stuffy as there was no outside window, so we generally left the door open when we were in the room.
The shared bathroom room was half the price of the en-suite room and very comfortable as well, we liked this room as it opened up onto the roof and so we had a good view and a nice breeze.
Breakfast filled us (bread based) up and was better than other breakfasts we have experienced in Argentina.
The hostel is secure as the staff let us in and out with their key.
A great lace to stay in BA.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We spent great few days in this b&b. The hosts nathalia and gustavo are very nice and helpful and provide you with map and things to see in BA.
The rooms are clean, some of them a little dark which is great to sleep in the morning though. The door bell is heard throughout the hotel and as everybody has to ring to come inside, you hear it quite often.

Breakfast is typical argentinian style with sweet medialuna croissants, bread, butter and peach jam.

• Stayed: December 2011