“Customise your vision of a toir”

Buenos Aires Local Tours
Ranked #31 of 308 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: A "Pay What You Want" tour, Buenos Aires Local Tours, is a great introduction to the past and present of Buenos Aires. You'll travel by public bus, subway and foot to see the Buenos Aires most tourists miss. Visiting Abasto, Congreso and Plaza de Mayo and it's the perfect way to get to know the city as a local does. Run by English & American expats, there are regular group "Pay What You Want" tours, and a private custom tour service is also available if you would like to visit other areas such as Recoleta (& the cemetery), La Boca or San Telmo.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

The tours are awesome, let's face it I can't write a better review but what I want to really express here is the communication. Literally within half and hour of writing I received an answer and over several conversations these guys were able to present me with options for my time frame and my taste in tours. Penelope with whom I was chatting even suggested a rather exquisite Perfume House to me after noticing my email address which alludes to the fact I am connected to Perfume. I was very impressed with the suggestion. The Oerfume House is top class BTW. It's so hard sometimes to get part of the job right and in fact this part for me, is the most important . 10/10 Buenos Aires Local Tours. You've nailed customer service!

Reviewed April 2, 2016

This was a wonderful tour and a great way to get acclimated to Buenos Aires. As someone who was brand new to South America and coming from the US, I was excited to see the city but had read things that worried me ('blue dollar' exchanges, fake money, pickpockets, etc). When we took the tour with Ceri, he put those fears to rest by teaching us some basic street smarts and giving us a sense of the city's vibe. We learned how to spot fake money, got around on the subway, and took quick trips to many different sites and neighborhoods - sort of like a 'sampler platter' of things to do. Ceri was also able to answer any question thrown at him, whether it was places to eat or where the great day trips outside the city are.

I went by myself, but there were plenty of couples and a cruise ship group along with us, and we made a fun group. No matter what your plans are, spending a half day on this tour will make you much more comfortable in the city, give you new ideas, and answer any questions so you can really dive in. Plus, with it being 'pay what you want', the value is through the roof!

Go for it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 8, 2016

Took the local tour with Ceri. We definitely got our money's worth. Ceri was very knowledgable about Buenos Aires. He took us on the subway and showed us how it worked. He gave us hints for sightseeing in Buenos Aires. We covered a lot of ground in one morning. Ceri was very enthusiastic and made the tour fun and enjoyable. There were 12 of us on the tour, which was a very manageable number. Would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed February 25, 2016

Alex gave us a wonderful full day tour of Buenos Aires. We zipped around town and he could tell our interests were history, culture and architecture. He knew it all. He organized it. He pickup us up at the ship and got us to the airport. Thanks Alex.

1  Thank Jeffrey L