“Don't visit”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We went in expecting a grilled meat experience .Ordered fettichini . 3 chicken , 2 legs 1 requested on the bone and another off the bone. The 2 legs one came up on the bone both very dry. The 1 off the bone was cold. We requested the cold 1 changed! Then the arguments started. They refused to change it. The fettichini turned up as spaghetti, refused! We were so annoyed we walked out ant left 200 pesos to cover the drinks. They followed us down the road and threatened to call the police, I said please do. As it was getting very heated and we were leaving the next morning I returned and paid for the meal less the pasta! I have never had to do this anywhere in the world, been in South America for 2 weeks a great place except this restaurant! I felt threatened as the waiter was turning violent!

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

I had initially come in to have a steak. I had asked the host if she knew another Plaza to walk around and enjoy the late afternoon on Christmas Day. I had just arrived to my hotel an hour before. The person I has asked went to get an opinion of a colleague. She then goes and asked some bald head owner acting kind of guy, may have been a manager. I had kindly asked him my inquiry and he has dismissively said we're not tour guides here we have steaks and salads, as a matter of fact we don't want you tourist or anyone not Argentinian or our kind here at my restaurant, go back to America he said or wherever you came from. I asked if he was mad at something he said no I just don't want you tourist asking my staff stupid questions. If you want a guide go fetch one somewhere else. I was taken. I have traveled to 32 countries and that was by far my worst experience. DONT SUPPORT THIS PLACE THEY HATE AMERICANS.

Reviewed August 9, 2015

We weren't looking for something too fancy, and we were enchanted by the hostess that said we would not regret the choice of having diner there. One of the best chorizo beef in that trip, definitely .

Reviewed March 8, 2015

In a lovely spot just outside the gates of Recoleta cemetery - very much geared for the tourism market in Buenos Aires. The service was welcoming and efficient. After pigging out on steak the night before I felt like something different. I love Morcilla and hadn't indulged this trip, I wish I hadn't here. The sausage was fatty and gristly and very large - almost put me off them and for once I couldn't finish the dish. I had pork for main wrapped with cheese, ham and tomato - it was tasty and nicely cooked, the pork was tender and lean. Side of rice was boil in the bag, ok but nothing special. (Not much you can do with rice really) There was entertainment and the atmosphere livened up throughout the evening. I was reminded twice that I couldn't put a tip on my corporate AMEX.. which I found irritating. Wouldn't rush back intentionally.

Reviewed January 27, 2015 via mobile

Claudia is the best! Great chorizo y cerveza! Stopped in after wandering around the Recoleta Cemetery. It was perfect location for a cold beer to cool down after the heat and humidity of January! Seriously, Claudia was awesome. I was traveling alone and she I had a great time visiting (with my VERY poor Espanol) with her before and after I had some late afternoon chorizo. She had some great suggestions as to other areas of BA to check out.

If your stopping in for a snack, I recommend the chorizo starter and the grilled red pepper starter. Combine them on your own and it is amazing!!