2,055 results
All reviewsla bourgognehermes toiletrieslobby barold worldbutler serviceleading hotels of the worldbreakfast buffetclassic hotelbeautiful hoteljunior suitefour seasonsrecoleta districtan upgradesouth americahigh ceilingsrooms are spacioustango show
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

It’s the very perfect example of how Argentinians can do it good. It is one of the most beautiful hotels in the whole country. The restaurant La Bourgogne, L’ Orangerie, the Lobby Bar... everything is perfection. The brunch and the afternoon tea are remarkable.
Rooms are spacious and luxurious. It might need a bit of inversion to renovate a few details, but it’s not imperative. This hotel is one of the reasons why Buenos Aires has always been compared to Paris.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nadia S, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Francobozzo,

We appreciate you taking a moment to share such a glowing review of your recent stay at Alvear Palace Hotel! We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your kind comments will be celebrated with our teams with great pride.

We hope to have you join us again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

As a LHW, the Alvear Palace was great. Our suite was gorgeous, as was all of the Hotel’s interior. The location in the safe Recoleta area of town is ideal, with a plentiful choice of restaurants nearby. Service was superb and the staff super friendly; particular thanks to Julian, Victor and our fabulous airport transfer Walter. Light snacks in Lobby Bar very good, pity Champagne Bar not open. Gym Ok, but a little cramped. Loss of one star rating from me is for the breakfast experience; not on a par with any 5* LHW I’ve stayed in; limited choice of cold meats and cooked items, poor a la carte options, and I have a real issue with top Hotels that clean up around you before breakfast time is actually over!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank SinBolsillos

Dear Sinbolsillos,

We are delighted that your experience was most memorable and we will ensure that your kind comments are celebrated with our Teams with great pride.

Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

We spent a few nights in the Alvear Palace hotel at the start of our South American trip. The hotel is perfectly positioned with great staff and equally great service.

I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

We travelled through Trailfinders who recommended the hotel and a tour of the city which included a visit to the Carlos Gabrel tango show.

Our local guide Lucy was excellent. We learned so much about the city and it’s history. Buenos Aires is definitely a place to visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BarkerSJ,

Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic review!

It is such a pleasure to read that you've had an amazing stay with us and it would be our delight to welcome you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I’ve started writing this review during my stay at Alvear. And I will begin with a disclaimer: this is still a hotel that anyone gets a fine experience! The location is privileged and they even have renovated rooms now (where you have perks such as electric plugs beside the bed, not present in the old rooms, and new showers).

That said, while waiting a lot to get new towels (because of the lack of extra towels that I’ve requested by the time of my reservation) I had time to look back on my review of Alvear written in 2012. It’s been six years since the last time I had stayed at the hotel and I was truly excited to come back to the hotel that once was my favorite one.

Oh boy! Things have changed! I began to write this review on the third of my four nights stay! I didn’t see the butler in charge of the 8th floor once... We used to be greeted by this person upon arriving in the hotel.

Fruits are still provided, but only for the first night. Hermès amenities are gone, except for one soap. I’ve noticed that some suites still get fresh flowers.

Concierge services are still very polite, but don’t go the extra mile anymore. Front desk is still managed by Jorge, but that feeling of arriving home that we used to have at this iconic hotel is not there anymore.

I’m especially sad to write about the breakfast. It used to be amazing... I will restrict myself to mention that now they charge extra for any sort of eggs that are not served in the buffet. Take your own conclusions considering how cheap this sound.

The conclusion of my review was written upon the end of my stay. I was really hoping to have a person to mention as an exception, as someone that got out of this mediocre service curve... There was no one. It’s a sad review of what seems to be a bitter end of a fantastic hotel that turned into nothing more than a common hotel nested in an iconic building.

Very unfortunatelly I can state that I don't have plans to come back to Alvear anytime soon...

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Felipe M

Dear Felipe M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. On behalf of the Alvear Palace Hotel, please kindly accept my sincerest apologies for not providing you with the highest standard of hospitality on your recent visit. We will certainly address your concerns as we look to more effectively meet the needs and preferences of our guests.

I hope to have the opportunity to apologize to you and to restore your faith in our facilities and services in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

The hotel is a gem. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like valued guests in a fine home. The concierge service is without parallel. Both Julian and Esperanza were extremely helpful with dinner suggestions, theatre tickets and tour information.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Susan H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your stay at Alvear Palace Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us including our wonderful concierges.

We truly hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards,