“Very good price-quality relationship for a hotel in the city center of a million city!”

Unique Art Elegance
Ranked #252 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The hotel is a good value proposition. Quite well situated in Recoleta and if booked by booking.com or similar you can get a room at lower than US$100, which is great for a 4* hotel in a big city.
The toilets are not great, they need a serious update, as well as the elevators and some doors in the hallway, which make a terrible noise. But apart of that it's a very good hotel which is worth the money.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the unique elegance in Recoleta. We stayed here because the location was ideal for the price. We found the staff to be very courteous and helpful.
The rooms were just okay... Like others mentioned there were some problems with things like old towels and a moldy shower curtain. But our main concern was noise. Our room faced the street and it was unbearably loud... The single pane windows do not keep out traffic noise or even the noise of simple conversations on the street below. We would have asked for a room change but since they had a sign at the desk saying room upgrades would cost we just decided to put up with noise. So if you decide to stay here I suggest you ask for a room away from the street

Room Tip: Not a room facing the street!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a room here thru Hotels.com while we were traveling back to BA from Uruguay. I was in a hurry and did not read the reviews so it was probably my fault in the end. Issue #1, this hotel states FREE Tango Show with stay. When we arrived early that evening and inquired as to what time the show starts, we were told we need to book it tat the front desk in the morning (this isn't stated anywhere in the advertisement and if staying only 1 night, you won't be there to enjoy the show.) issue #2 Their ad states free WiFi- well, what this really means is you can wait in line to use their hotel computer in the lobby for a limit of 20 minutes. Issue #3, they do not have a single iron or iron board in the entire hotel. How can this be rated 4 STARS? Issue #4, the people who work there are quite rude and don't seem to care about customer service. Issue #5, most of the furniture and bathroom fixtures are broken or torn and even dirty looking. Issue #6, the sheets felt like they were fresh out of a "bed in a bag" from Walmart or I imagine a Piggly Wiggly, rough to put it mildly. This was not a good way to spend our last night in South America, especially for the amount we paid!

• Stayed December 2011

Travellers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Bs. As. Argentina
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel because the Unique chain did unilaterally modify the terms of my reservation. I had a pre-paid booking at the Unique property on Talcahuano st. but I was informed at the moment of check in of that. The hotel staff reacted unatentively.
The travel agent reimbursed me most of what I had paid but the hotel experience was awful.
I had chosen the hotel strictly on a location basis. I had a tight schedule and I needed a hotel in Retiro area. I spent a lot of time commuting to buenos aires downtown.
I felt like a total idiot in the hands of a dishonest hotel chain!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Unfortunately this is one of those hotels with an amazing website but the actual product is not at all the same. The rooms are furnished in cheap silver spray painted furniture. The towels are very worn out, in fact you can almost see through the hand towel. My bathroom floor tiles were chipped and cracked and even the handbasin was damaged. The walls are wafer thin and you end up listening at the tv of the next door neighbor. They don't have a gym, but they offer a free gym card to one of the local gyms. I called a week in advance to make sure they have vouchers for me. They couldnt give me a voucher on day 1 because the vouchers expired. On day 2 I was given a voucher for a gym 10 miles away (why bother?). The staff is not very friendly. Breakfast is shockingly basic, with orange juice diluted with too much water.
To be honest, I would never return here, even if they offer it for free because the place is just depressing. Sorry to say, I don't like to point out only negative aspects, but honestly, I didnt find one positive thing to comment on.

• Stayed September 2011
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Good: Nice Location, Pleasant Staff, Pretty Big and Comfortable room.
Bad: There was no available room in the hotel I made the online reservation (Unique Madero) and I was sent to Unique. I got really upset because I wanted to stay in Puerto Madero!
Expensive Wifi (US$ 14,00 for 12 hours).
Breakfast was a joke. There were sweet bread, 1 kind of cake, Coffee, Tea and Milk and that’s all.
Cleanliness could be better.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Geneva
Reviewed 24 November 2010

When we arrived at this hotel they told us they had taken too many reservations and sent us to another of their hotels located in "microcentro", which is not the best part of the city to go out at night. I assume overbooking is a way for them to fill all their hotels.

Anyway we were promised a better room (suite) in the other place, but asked the concierge to call them just to make sure, which he did. He confirmed to us they had a suite waiting for us.
Once at the other hotel the concierge told us that his colleague had lied to our face, as he told him during this phone call that they only had basic rooms.

So they wanted us to stay at a worse hotel, in a worse room for the same price, after having lied to us. At this point we decided to walk away and found a really nice place instead, the AWWA Suites and Spa.

I can understand technical problems and maybe even overbooking, but this was just too much. You'll find better places in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple