All reviews convenient location recommend this hotel sink kitchenette obelisk
Reviewed February 24, 2018

Mayflower Suites is hotel that i have visited several times. I found during my last stay many changes. They have updated some of the things that the hotel did not have before. I was on the second floor. I loved the room size with 10 ft ceiling and approximate 40x20 ft.area. New laminate floor of very good quality. Very well lighted
I liked the bed super king size and comfortable with nice bed spread that matches the curtains. Liked the recessed ceiling lights. Super quite A/C with a remote control. New digital TV. There is a Kitchenette with granite top, sink, refrigerator and microwave oven. Safe was good size Bathroom was immaculate white for walls, toilet, bidet, 2 white sinks with golden accents. Towels were large white and new. I love the convenient location 5 minute walk to the Colon theater, Metro and 10 minute walk to the Obelisk and Florida st.There are plenty of nice restaurants near by and a Super Market and also a mini market similar to a 7/11.
In summary I found this hotel a bargain compare to hotels in US and many other countries. I really honestly recommend this hotel without hesitation for a nice Buenos Aires.visit.

Room Tip: Quite and accesible
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dejara
Reviewed December 13, 2016

We needed a place to crash for the night as we had a 12 hour overnight layover. Didnt want to spend much as just hanging out for a bit. It was about 10 min from AEP airport, priced very cheap and had everything we needed. Young guy at the reception was very friendly, gave us excellent pizza recommendation nearby. Location very good to a popular tourist area. It was very hot and their air unit worked great. We booked a triple, and room was pretty large. Can't complain!

Room Tip: We booked a triple, got a large room on the 5th floor overlooking the main street.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandyinsandiego
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Room was good size but furniture was terrible and carpet was dirty. Window in the room was looking in to nothing but walls. Safe did not work despite efforts to repair by hotel staff. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. Fresh fruit as listed was never available. No eggs just breads and cake. Restaurant and Bar was a joke. Good thing was there were enough restaurants bars within close proximity.

Room Tip: terrible place to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSDNY
Reviewed December 3, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a cruise. This was our first time in Buenos Aires and we weren’t sure what to expect given our only look at the hotel was via Google maps. We arrived on a Sunday to find everything in the area closed and the same on the Monday which was a bank holiday. The area looked bleak and uninviting with no one about. The hotel itself is a bit on the scruffy side. We had a room on the 5th floor at the back (very quiet) with a damp patch on the ceiling and some peeling wallpaper. The carpet was threadbare with marks all over. The window didn’t close properly and our view was the back of adjoining buildings. The bathroom was just about passable although dated. Loved the in bath shower but the towels were so old, they were threadbare and grey. Our supposed kitchen was a cupboard with a sink, microwave and fridge. Aircon worked well but the wifi was intermittent in the room although good in the reception area. Having said all that, the bed was really comfortable and we both slept well. There is a restaurant of sorts as part of the hotel and we used it once for an ok buffet breakfast. There are a couple of cafes on the corner left out of the hotel which give better options for breakfast plus a good restaurant (Iberico) close by. There are plenty of mini-markets in the area. The hotel staff were really helpful and were happy to answer all our tourist related questions. Would we stay here again? Probably not but if you are on a tight budget and can get past the scruffy appearance of the hotel, this could be an option.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Artair
Reviewed November 20, 2016

I rarely write reviews, but this time I had.
I booked the hotel through an on line agency. I got room #102 and fortunately I stayed only 1 night,
There is a difference between a historic hotel, and an old almost abandoned hotel. This one is an old and almost abandoned hotel.
Where to start?
- Dirty old carpet, like really old and really dirty
- Of 6 sockets in the room, 2 work
- Super old TV
- Hole in the drywall in the bathroom
- Of the 2 lights of the bathroom only one functioning
- Towels so old that they were falling apart and they were now grey
- In the bathtub there was also shampoo and conditioner cause the soap dispenser collapsed and was never replace
- Only the hair drier holder on the wall, no hair drier cause it broke
- Rusty bathtub
- Mattress so old that it was not even horizontal anymore but almost collapsed in the middle
- Flies in the room (THE WORST!)

...I love Buenos Aires and I stayed in many hotels there. Most of the are historic jewels.
This one is just a terrible and poorly managed hotel; it needs to be shut down and fixed because as it is it not acceptable... and trust me I am not a picky traveler.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel, it's not even close to minimum standards
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo