Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21-03-07
Trip.comUS$30
CheapTicketsUS$42
StayForLongUS$47
All reviews teatro colon front desk staff fresh fruit bidet laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed March 8, 2020

We were happy with the location and cleanliness of the hotel. However, we were very upset but the unfounded accusation of the hotel admin that we would have stolen two blankets. Our credit card was charged for 70 dollars and now we have to go through the process of reclaiming the funds. Based on this behaviour we can not give a thumbs up to this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for room which is located on back or side, otherwise the large LED ads out front will disturb your sleep
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Juttilie
Reviewed March 3, 2020

Spent a total of 6 nights here. Location of hotel is great. Near the Subte (subway/metro) with easy access to four Subte lines and which is easy to find one’s way around and very cheap.

Good aircon.

Change money at cambios to get much better rates than banks.

Hotel is dated but very comfortable. Front desk staff super helpful, especially Andres aided by Norma.

Bathroom could do with updating and was a bit cramped. Shower is over the bath and there is a bidet which seems common in Argentina.

Breakfast was pleasant. Plenty of pastries, not a lot of fresh fruit. Omelettes and pancakes cooked on request.

Laundry and housekeeping was very good.

Easy walking distance to Teatro Colon - worth a guided tour.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank CondorSydney
Reviewed April 3, 2019

I stayed here for the first time in June and, just as I said at that time, should I return to Buenos Aires I would return to stay here. Hence my second review.
This time I was staying with my wife and another daughter to show them the city. With that in mind it made sense to stay in the centre - location, location, location.
The hotel is well run, slightly dated, but good value, and all the main sights are but a short walk away. Those that are further afield can be accessed by the 'hop on hop off' bus, which starts its' journey just down the road, or by public transport, with the main bus lines located within the centre of the carriageway opposite the hotel.
The staff in the hotel are all very friendly and eager to help, but a special mention should go to Nora and Andres, who went above and beyond to assist with our Tango show reservations and general advice about the places we wanted to visit. Andres even remembered me from my visit with my other daughter in June 2018.
I love this city and should i return again it will be to stay at the Bristol and hopefully renew my acquaintance with Nora and Andres.

Room tip: Rooms at the front have views over the main boulevard and the Obelisk
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reservas H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Reviewed March 10, 2019

My wife and I recently spent several nights at each the Bristol Hotel and the NH City Hotel in Buenos Aires and found it interesting comparing the two hotels.

Both are located close to the well-known and popular tourist attractions. We have no complaints with either of the hotels but would recommend the Bristol Hotel before the NH City Hotel. The NH City Hotel is certainly not 5 star as it is claimed in some websites. Apart from its breakfast service, we found it provided no better accommodation than the Bristol Hotel which was considerably cheaper. Although the service staff in both hotels was acceptable, the staff at the Bristol City Hotel were much friendlier especially in the restaurant in the evening.

The breakfast options at NH City was much better than that at the Bristol Hotel (which is an area of improvement Bristol Hotel should consider).

Overall, we found the Bristol as better value and can recommend it to visitors to Buenos Aires

Room tip: As for non-smoking rooms if you do not smoke
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAVID H

Reviewed March 9, 2019

Hotel was in a great location in centre of Buenos Aires, located close to the Obelisk. Hotel was clean, and air conditioning worked well. Comfortable bed, and room cleaned daily. Great view of the Obelisk from the bedroom. Main road busy at night, but noise was not a problem.

Room tip: Quiet room ask for a room at rear of the hpotel
Date of stay: February 2019