“Nice evening and awsome dinner”
Review of Toro 777

Toro 777
Ranked #7 of 6,405 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a closed doors restaurante, we offer a gastronomic experience and enjoyment for those who visit us. We receive them in our house, so that they feel like yours. We offer a menu of steps with a list of selected Argentine wines, from different strains and regions of the country.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We made a spontaneous reservation at Toro 777 and did not quite know what we would expect in the evening. The greeting was very cordial and we immediatly felt comfortable with Christian and Guille. The dinner was excellent and the single dishes were with exceptional variations. The service was very attentive and gave us some good wine recommendations. We can recommend an evening at Toro 777, as the evening was an amazing experience.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 25, 2018

My mother and I ate at Toro 777 last week. I booked it for the first night of our stay in BA (they are only open Friday and Saturday so you need to plan ahead if you are in BA for only a short time). We found the restaurant very easily and took an uber directly there. The atmosphere was lovely and authentic. We were the only foreigners there and it was a very intimate setting with great service. The chef explained all the dishes and helped out with translations where my Spanish failed me. All the dishes were to die for but the bread was amazing! The best we had in Argentina. Amazing wine list and very affordable. We bought some of their amazing balsamic vinegar too. Arrived 9.30, left around 1.30am. Spoke with the hosts at the end of the meal. 10/10, will return when back in Buenos Aires without a doubt.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Jana P
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I made a last minute booking the day I arrived in Buenos Aires and they were very nice to accommodate me. Just a heads up there is no sign for this pace outside so make sure you pay attention to the address they give you and ring the bell.

The meal was a 5 course set menu and it was amazing. First course was a delicious mini pork bun that made you look forward to the delicious food to come. Second was an interesting cous cous with vegetables and crispy chicken skin that was full of flavor. Third was potato soup with egg which different but also delicious. The main course was some of the most tender beef that the waiter said was from the cheek. Finally was a delicious peanut and orange cake that was a great finish to a great meal. Looking forward to the next time I find myself in town to try this place again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The Hosts are amazing and they serve really great food . Lemon fish with honey was really great , their final touches are just like what you see on TV , such perfect and the atmosphere is really great . They also serve pork with peanut butter which is little heavy but tasty again . Must visit whenever you are here in Buenos Aires .

Date of visit: November 2017
3  Thank SS1656
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Being Americans living in Buenos Aires, I was looking for someplace special for Valentine's Day, which isn't as big a deal here. I sure found it.

The experience at Toro 777 is totally unlike a standard restaurant. You are made to feel like a very welcome guest - even if you have limited Spanish like I do. I highly recommend going.

First thing - it is a "closed door" restaurant, no sign outside. The address they tell you is indeed correct, just ring and they'll be there quickly. It is a house that has been converted. So obviously - make a reservation.

Seeing as it was a nice night, we started with cocktails and appetizers on the rooftop - absolutely lovely, very romantic. They had live music for us, and guitarist and vocalist - they were very good. Don't worry, you don't need to socialize with everyone if you don't want - some couples just spoke to each other, others talked in groups.

We then went down to the dining area, which is set up with eclectic and interesting decor - great conversation starters if needed. Dinner was a series of courses beautifully presented, and Guillermo was out to share what each was and his thought process. It was as delicious to eat as it was pretty to look at. The course we're sized so you could eat everything, but it was a lot of food. The wine pairings were great as well.

The hosts don't stint on anything.

Be prepared - the seating was at 9:30, and lasted until close to 2 (yes, we were talking to the hosts, a few others left before us). It won't be an early evening!

Date of visit: February 2017