“Rusty water! No warning!”
Review of Conte Hotel

Conte Hotel
Ranked #174 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 18 June 2015

For 7 years I have been taking a group of 20 or sometimes 40 people to this hotel. I had been quite satisfied with their service until this past May. Our big group of 40 plus people checked in and after a long trip from the USA, we all wanted to take a shower. To our huge surprise the water from the showers and the sinks was brown in color. It was rusty. I thought that if we would let the water run for a while, the would go away, but it didn't. I went to talk to the people at the front desk and they told me they were cleaning the tanks which produce the rust. First, they knew about this and never gave us a warning. They did not seem concerned at all about the issue. They had no sense of urgency at all. Their attitude was like " Oh, well". They did not even offered bottles of water to use so we could at least brush our teeth. They said " There is water in the mini bar". Well, were they going to charge us for that? Did they take the time to provide our 40 plus rooms with big bottles of water? No, they did not even act as though it were a serious matter. I left a note a a glass of rusty water for the general manager to let him know our concerns and with the questions: Would you drink this water in the glass? You would think that the general manager would have at least contacted me to apologize or to provide water for us. He/she never did contact me at all. The water eventually came out clear after several hours. I think we would have been understanding if they had at least had the decency to have warned us or to have provided us with water to drink or something. Needless to say that we will never be back at this hotel. We will take our 40 plus people somewhere else where they would have more respect for their guests... and no rusty water.

Room Tip: Wifi never works in the rooms. Sometimes it works in the lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2015

I would highly recommend this hotel. The room was gigantic and the hotel very well run. Everything was clean and orderly. The breakfast was particularly good and something to look forward to every morning. The hotel is just feet away from Obelisco (the geographic centre of town) and the ArBus from Jorge Newbery airport stops just 5 min walk away. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Reception staff were indifferent, you wouldn't think they need your business! For a supposedly 4* hotel they don't have adaptors to lend so you must use a socket in the lobby. Service overall was poor. Security staff hover at the Reception desk listening to your conversation. It seems they don't accept prepaid vouchers so you end up paying twice and have to sort it out when you get home. Be aware! This is news to the tour company too! I was made to wait for 3 hours until 3.00pm to check in despite it being a public holiday and quiet in the hotel. They offered to book a taxi to Ezeiza airport, quoted the wrong rate, the driver turned up 30min late - but were Reception bothered or apologetic - the conclusion is yours to draw! I'm quite in awe to have survived an unforgettable drive! This end of Ave Carlos Pelegrini is run down, notably at night. Breakfast was fine, the bed large. I've used much nicer hotels in B'Aires, this was a one-night mistake!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank P K
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel. Check in was quick and we were in our room within 5 minutes of arrival. Room overlooked the main road and the view was great and although the road was busy our room was quiet.

Breakfast was average and food in the restaurant was only average - much better fare at the restaurant next door.

Very close to Florida for shopping etc.

Would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

great location central to the city.deigo at front desk very helpful in local knowledge and in booking a night at a tango show ,hotel could do with an update,but for the price you couldn t complain about the room which was average

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012

An aborted United Flight forced us to staying at the Conte one night. The attendant at 5 am was less than helpful. We had been bounced around for over 10 hours and were tired and hungry. They said room service was operating, but all they did was hang up on me when I tried to place an order. The bed was big and comfortable. The room was hot and and the web service was only available if you take your computer to the lobby. Hardly good for any business or personal work. Breakfast was cold scrambled eggs and some good pastries. Lunch was a boring salad because I don't eat meat and they never did bring the coffee I asked for. No wash cloths and shower knobs were not labeled to you had to waste water guessing which was hot or cold. I'd skip this hotel. There are probably much better places in downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Dancin_Ernie
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Good, central location - you can easily walk to Florida shopping, Plaza de Mayo and even the nice restaurant area of Puerto Madero by the water - though we usually took a taxi back - less than £4.  Very nice rooms, clean, comfortable and spacious.  Bit of street noise, even on the 13th floor.  Good but not great breakfast - limited hot food but good selection of fruit and tarts.  They regularly ran out of crockery so you had to sit and wait for the dishwasher to finish.  Reception staff very professional and helpful, breakfast staff not so helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012