“Business hotel, OK location, lots of street noise”
Review of Marbella Hotel

and 1 more site!
Marbella Hotel
Ranked #211 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Staff were nice, one woman spoke English. The room was fine, except the shower flooded the bathroom floor and it was noisy because it faced a busy street. There was free WiFi but it dropped in and out. The breakfast was included, and consisted of pastries or toast. It is a hotel for business people and is a good cheap option. As a tourist, it is much nicer to be in a neighbourhood like Palermo.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Hotel Marbella is perfect for someone looking for very basic, centrally located hotel accommodation in Buenos Aires. I stayed here in April after booking via the hotel's website. I had a single room and requested a late checkout, as my departing flight was not leaving until 9 pm. The late checkout option is very important to me and it's wonderful that this hotel has that option available to request in advance (the fee is 1/2 the already inexpensive room rate, and gets you a 6 pm checkout time).

The single room is very basic and comes with a twin-size bed, bathroom, small desk, TV and safe. The room key is very old-style (think grandfather clock). The staff were pleasant and knew enough English to get by. The hotel has free high-speed wireless internet - just be sure to ask the staff for the password.

I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for inexpensive accommodation in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaix123
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Hotel is basic. One bad pillow, small single bed, very stuffy and can't change the temperature. But I could overlook that because it is such a value. What I don't like is staff who act like I'm wasting their time when I try to arrange transport to the airport. I know my Spanish isn't great, but I was really trying to find out if there was cheaper transport than a cab. The front desk guy spoke no English and was very impatient with my Spanish. Rude.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My grandma stays here evertime she visits Argentina - excellent value for money, good location 15 mins walk from most places, close to Avenida de Mayo which is an experience within itself. Stayed here for 3 weeks, was lovely apart from we moved rooms once as I think there might have been mites in the bed as I got itchy red scabs on various parts of my body... Very apologetic, but some anitbacterial cream and the scabs disappeared. Moved to a lovely bigger room upstairs - no problem. Standard continental breakfast, but go out of the hotel and turn left and go to the end of the block, there's a lovely little restaurant that has very cheap nice food for an evening meal. Turn right and there's a bakers about 2 blocks down wth really yummy things. Apart from my bad experience with the mites (which shouldn't put you off as all other times visited no problems and you are in South America = lots of creepy crawlies...),it is a very sweet accomodating hotel to stay in. Looking for cheap and very cheerful - stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Rosita910
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Stayed at this hotel for five nights during November. We found the hotel as a basic hotel . The location is all it adventage. A few minutes walk o Florida street, to the Parliament and more attractions. Price not high (around 55$ per room) and brekfest very basic.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pazitush
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Really a very nice hotel with friendly and caring staff. Most can speak English. Very affordable indeed.

The rooms were small, but very clean and neat. All the services and amenities you might need in this magnificent city.

Breakfast was small, but very nice and very good coffee.

The location is also great, right on the Av de Mayo about halfway between the Congress building and the Av 9 de Julio.

Would definitely come back here!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank BrutusWP
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Stayed there 3 nights in Mid-Feb. I agree with most of the comments posted here. There is a safe in our room and we found it to be very handy as we don't want to carry valuables when touring the city. Unlike some other posts, we found the room we had to be very quiet (not facing the street) and had no problem sleeping. The sheets are nice and clean. The bed seemed soft but I had no trouble sleeping, even though I have some back problem. I have to stress again how friendly and helpful the staff (Beatrice, Daniel and Ronnie are the ones we encountered) were. They helped us book tours, shows and answer our many queries with patience. For someone who doesn't speak Spanish, it is so nice to have such friendly help. When we were ready to leave and board our cruise ship with our huge luggages, we messed up the hotel's arrangement in getting taxi for our group (8 people) and tried to do our own. Problems ensued but Beatrice was still VERY VERY helpful in talking to the taxis we got ourselves to make sure they understood where to take us. That type of service deserves recognition!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family