“Good location, but a bit outdated and small”
Review of Hotel Prince

Hotel Prince
Ranked #216 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The location is great, on the first block of Arenales street, in one of the best neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires, a block from Santa Fe Av., quiet, and safe.
My room was tiny, very tiny, but was fairly clean, good WIFI, and if you want the AC to work, call the reception, they will switch on the air conditioner on the window, a bit noisy, but you need sometimes a bit of coolness. so it was very cheap, that is an advantage, good location, a fair continental breakfast, and nice coffee with milk, and just about it, if you are in a rush and need something for a very short night is fine, if you need to stay more, take a double room instead of the single...that really was very tiny.

Room Tip: if you need some room....ask for a double room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Needed a place to stay a few days as I laid over on my way to Catamarca, and this ended up being the spot. Location is good, good bang for the buck... But the rooms and the lobby are tired. You get what you pay for, and, in this case? It's good location. But nothing fundamentally wrong here... Just not great. Walking distance from several good tourist areas in BA...

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Budget hotel which could be improved. I stayed for a week and could return. The air conditioner is a wall mounted type with no switch and control. You need to plug and unplug to switch on and off and all the control for temp and wind speed were dismantled. Noise of it was obvious but as a light sleeper I would be affected anyway. Had been bitten by insects and itchy but not sure they were mozzies (they were around in BA) or what as couldn't hear them buzzing around my ears. Would help if cleaners put the vacuum under the bed from time to time as I found stuff underneath when I was looking for something I dropped, found chocolate cube left behind and very dusty! Helpful staff members but I wish I could speak a bit of Spanish myself. Daily change of towels supply of soap. A convenient store next door and the closest metro station (Callao) 12 mins away.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2015

This is a basic and modest property with smallish rooms. Staff are quite wonderfully helpful and seem to do their best to assist and make you comfortable. But the best part of this hotel is its location, which is in close proximity to all of the area's points of interest and transportation. It's not the Ritz, but it does just fine for a hotel of its category.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2015

This hotel has excellent staff that it doesn't deserve - the receptionist on duty (long hair worn in a pony tail - forgot to ask her name) could not have been more helpful or friendly and the waitress who served me the most basic of breakfasts was also lovely. And that's where the good news stops.

I was allocated a room which was large but not desperately clean and on emerging from the lifts there was an overpowering smell of cigarette smoke. I asked for a different room and was warned by the receptionist (exemplary, see above) that there was only one room available and that it was very small. Not only was it small but it turned out that the extractor fan was on in the bathroom not because someone had forgotten to turn it off, but because of a strong unpleasant smell emanating from who knows where, which I only discovered after I turned the extractor off for ten minutes when I left the hotel to get some water. I quickly turned it on again on my return and slept with it on all night. The bath had hairs in it, the hairdryer was so antiquated that it was a miracle it worked at all - it was also of the type where you have to hold down the button for it to work. The TV seemed to be a late 60s model although it did receive cable channels. There was no shower cap or even a glass for my toothbrush - in short, steer clear of room 504.

I was only staying one night and as I'd arrived after a horrendous 8 hour delay due to fog at the airport in Buenos Aires I was too tired to ask to move back to the other room, which any normal person would have done. Instead I just bit the bullet and went to bed - which was comfortable. Breakfast service is excellent, but for those of you who like choice and variety, be warned that the breakfast itself is continental, i.e. you get three medialunas (Argentine croissants) and coffee, which is fine for me but may not be for you. Also it was a bit of a surprise as every hotel I have stayed in here has provided a fairly ample buffet.

Another plus: (I do try to be fair!) I needed to store my luggage and they offer this service and did so efficiently and pleasantly. I also did not have to wait an age when I went to collect it a few hours later.

Overall, the staff at this hotel impressed me enormously, but the management needs to move mountains to match their staff and make this hotel acceptable.

Room Tip: FYI - 5th floor rooms are up a flight of stairs - the elevator stops at 4. See my remarks about room...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LondonBrambles
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I chose this hotel for its location based on other reviews and was not disappointed. I easily walked to pl deMayo, San Telmo, y Recoleta no problem from here, subte not far. One block off SanteFe so quiet (big city quiet that is)
Bathroom ensuite, wifi, tv, breakfast included, very friendly staff. I got there early and Ariel was so nice, gave me breakfast while I waited for the room to be cleaned. After checkout, they kept my luggage locked up until my flight later that evening.
Excellent if you are looking for good, basic place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2015

I chose this hotel mainly for its location, which I know pretty well. I went to visit my sister who lives two blocks from the hotel. I wasn´t willing to spend a lot of money on just a bed and hot water.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo