“The worst place EVER”

La Rocca Hostel
Rosario, Argentina
“The worst place EVER”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I've never been to a worse hostel than La Rocca. If you want a dirty place, dirty rooms and dirty kitchen, you should visit La Rocca. The staff really rude, they were drinking and smoking all day long and didn't care about the guests' needs. I had the chance to communicate my disatisfaction to the owner of the place: he was so drunk that he laughed at me! Fortunately, I could afford eating out every day, but if you want to cook in that kitchen you would have to clean it for years. At the time of sleeping, forget it! People are very busy partying, drinking, smoking and making noise all night, every night... If you're still planning to stay here, please, take your own sheets and towels, because the ones that they provide are not clean, besides been damaged, broken and I received them on the 3rd day of my stay because they didn¡t have enough.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank YamilaLucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Americano en Buenos Aires
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I stayed at La Rocca in downtown (I think they have another one in Palermo as well) while I was still looking for an apartment. I ended up staying almost a month and it was perfect. It had everything I could have asked for- right in front of the Callao Subte station, and a few steps away from my favorite pizza place ever, Guerrin, and within walking distance of San Telmo. Also I finally met travelers from all over South America, not just the usual Americans, Australians, English, Germans, etc etc. In my room I had the 4 bed dorm to myself a few times and when not I was with great company. Beautiful building as well.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jakethesnake21
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 30 April 2010

My stay at La Rocca was awesome - I met loads of travelers from around the world including heaps from South America which was helpful for practicing a bit of the old espanol - the location was brilliant, staff were nice enough and the rates were really cheap - highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank muzy82
Townsville, australia
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I was there for a couple of months. Firstly, the management really dont care about the majority of the clients. Secondly, it is very unsafe. I had some random male enter my dorm one night much to the shock of my bunk mate. This is the same night 3 other rooms got robbed. Turned out the same key opened about 4 different rooms! The other rooms were constantly robbed and in-room safes broken into with tools. One of my friends was even asleep inside his room when he saw someone trying to prize open the locked swing doors to the room with a crowbar !!!!! Staying here is not worth the risk of havingyour belongings stolen.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo