“Not cheap at $140.00 for night but clean and quiet bedroom.”

Holiday Inn Cordoba
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Had to take the rip off taxi from Córdoba airport to hotel which stung me $20.00. Taxis can't help getting their arm into tourists as I've discovered here. No wonder the economy is on its knees.
Clean and quiet hotel. Close to Burger King and Starbucks where I chose to eat. I cannot get my ahead around the tv system in bedrooms - there isn't one channel that I could find that spoke English which for a branded IHG regional hotel accommodating potentially international guests ain't great let's face it. I'd say $200 could sort that out maybe less: I would not want to be here any more than one night as the place is kind of dead.
I'm staying at Quorum next week so will review it and let you know.
It's a lot less money.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear minceonmonday,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our clean and quiet room. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with TV channel selections. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Having stayed at many of the hotels in the city centre following a recommnendation I stayed at the Holiday Inn. Check in was efficient, the electronic room keys worked first time. Breakfast times were explained.

The hotel has lifts and wide corridors. The room itself was clean, well lit with a large flat screen TV, fridge mini-bar, large writing desk and a large bathroom, with bath (with overhead shower), WC and bidet. There are 110 and 220 volt sockets in the rooms.

Continental breakfast was good with many fruit juices, yoghurts, many different types of breads and pastries - plus cereals and fruits. With plenty of space to sit. In addition there is a separate Bar / Cafe and an indoor childrens play area which would appeal to families with young children.

In terms of location the hotel is not far from the airport, but there was no noise from the planes and only a little traffic noise from the nearby shopping centre car parks.

Overall a solid hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
HolidayInnCordoba, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Dear Fractalize

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Córdoba for your recent stay in our city. We appreciate all your comments that will certainly encourage other readers to stay with us! Thank you for writing a review. Looking forward to your soon return visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Friendly, clean and central hotel.

Easy cab journey into Cordoba and to the airport.

Staff were great. Only had breakfast here which was good but cannot comment on lunch /supper.

Supermarket and mall within 5 mins walk.

.................

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Mr. LondonBc1
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Córdoba for your recent stay in our city. We are glad that you enjoyed the location and our services. We would be more than happy to have you soon again with us.
Best Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2016

The room had a strange smell and the towels were very old. The positive thing about the hotel is the restaurants nearby.

The sheets were very worn.

The staff was not the friendliest at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
HolidayInnCordoba, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Igor,

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Pro:
Hotel is clean, reasonably priced and the restaurant is very good, food was hot, portions were good and the quality was good. Sheets and towels were clean and fresh. Wi-fi was strong and reliable.
Cons:
Carpet in the lobby needs to be repalced, looks tired. Had crickets in my room for the first few nights, i eventually got all 4 of them. Thermostats in the room does not work and the TV has no all english News channel like CNN.
Waiters could barely understand/speak english.

Room Tip: Suites are ok.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
HolidayInnCordoba, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear Mike

Thank you very much for writing a review. We appreciate all your comments and we are committed to reviewing every item you mentioned. We hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I stayed here, and was somewhat disappointed, so I checked out two other hotels: The Orfeo (in the Dinosaurio Mall complex), and the Quorum (in a business complex next to the office). I chose to stay put.

The Holiday Inn's gym is lame. The treadmills don't have any incline setting, and many of the buttons don't work. They have a set of dumbbells that go up to maybe 10 lbs. What's the point?

The restaurant...well, it's hard to tell whether this is a good restaurant or not. Apparently it's popular in the area. Perhaps the Argentinian food is great. I'm a vegetarian, so I stayed mostly with pasta and pizza. The pizza was overloaded with cheese, and I asked for extra sauce, so they piled on some chopped, undercooked tomatoes. The actual sauce on the pizza and the pasta were both made from yellow Argentinian tomatoes that literally smell like sewage. (They don't taste that bad, and they didn't make me sick, so it's just a weird local thing. You'll be okay.)

Breakfast at the Holiday Inn was another frustration. They have two toasters that take about 5 minutes to toast their bitter-tasting bread to something resembling toast. By simply buying two functional toasters, they would eliminate the joys of standing in line with a bunch of strangers who are all looking around, baffled. Standing in line is a Cordoban sport, though, so this is good practice.

I worked out, and frequently ate dinner, over at the Dinosaurio Mall. Don't try to cross the round-about at the crosswalk, rather head to the right a little and cross each lane separately. The drivers WILL NOT STOP FOR YOU. But it's actually really easy to walk there and back. The gym is modern and well-equipped; and afterwards I frequently ordered a little pizza from the pizza place. There's also a grocery store in the mall where you can pick up the basics. Give yourself at least 30 minutes to get through the express lane. The locals apparently enjoy standing in line and socializing. This includes the checkers, the police, and the shoppers. Oh, and if you buy produce, you have to first stand in a separate line to get it weighed and tagged, before you take it to the front. Lines, lines, and more lines. If only this were the right place to talk about their airport. SLOWEST EVER. Both ways.

(Having said all that, the Orfeo has no gym and no restaurant, but is in the same complex as the mall, so that would be convenient. It wasn't enough to get me to move. And I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my occasional room-service yellow pasta. The Quorum's gym was under repair, and the office already had reports that the breakfast was bad there.)

Other minuses: The room wi-fi was aggravating. I had to re-login with the common user/password (everyone uses the same one, so it's not a matter of security) every 10 minutes or so. The lobby wi-fi is a different network, and persists without frequent login. Why they even have a separate, password-protected network upstairs is absolutely beyond comprehension.

Other plusses: The TV had an HDMI connection, so I spent my off-hours watching movies from my laptop.

Lastly: Cordoba, like much of South America, has little use for English. The only place where I could get away with speaking English was at the offices of the broadly international client. Learn enough Español to survive, or don't go. Mine improved dramatically in the two weeks I was there, because it was practically immersion.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
HolidayInnCordoba, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Dear Sir,

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Cordoba multiple times (every time I come down and work with my team here). The staff is friendly and helpful, and the restaurant is very good.

My only real complaint comes with their air conditioning. If you happen to visit during spring/fall when the weather starts to change, if you prefer AC while the locals prefer pants and long sleeves, you're only going to get heat in your room. While each room has a thermostat that you can set, it has no real control over the temperature of the air that comes out. I had it set on 10*c and it was blowing hot.

The proximity to the mall is convenient, however, if you want to go downtown, you'll need to take a taxi.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have a view of the small mountains in the distance.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
HolidayInnCordoba, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Brandon H,

Thank you very much for writing a review. We are very grateful for your trust in our Services. We appreciate all your comments and we are committed to reviewing every item you mentioned.

Eri Debarre