“We visited Azafran for their lunch special”
Review of Azafran resto

Azafran resto
Ranked #29 of 815 Restaurants in Mendoza
Price range: US$40 - US$100
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Contemporary cuisine with local seasonal products. Restaurant located in Av. Sarmiento 765 of the City of Mendoza. Rest of haute cuisine based on local ingredients, which offers a menu of steps and an exclusive wine cellar with more than 500 options.
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Some of the guidebooks suggested there was a 99 peso lunch menu at Azafran; this is no more. However, their lunch prix fixe menu, including wine, was reasonable - $30 Canadian - and excellent. The restaurant is lovely, staff were very welcoming and we had a great leisurely lunch.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a fantastic meal here. The food was really good and the restaurant was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficient also. I would definitely recommend the fillet steak,with blue cheese and pastry. Delicious!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

I just want to tell that I m not rating this restaurant for its food or service. Just a tought. I made reservation on line 2 months ahead for a party of 8 and I was replied a confirmation. When the date arrived I was informed that I didn't have no reservation and that it was impossible for that night to fit a party of 8. We were celebrating a reunion and 50th birthdays of all of us. Very frustrating and dissapointing

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Fancy, cosy inside, famous Mendoza restaurant Azafron achieved a fine reputatian in South America, but the food I had there was not that special after all.
Firstly, the "couvert" was good: small loaves of bread assorted, together with a pretty tasty portion of butter.
Then, I ordered the main course: lamb chops with saffron risotto.
Well, the lamb chops was ok, but the risoto was just regular.
I do believe the saffron (consider that the very name of the restaurant means "saffron" um English) used to make the risotto was not one of the best kind.
Also, it was impossible to have both (risotto and lamb chop) in a typical plate of risotto, so I had to improvise and asked the waiter for another plate, a regular dinner dish in order to make it possible to chop the lamb chops...
By the way, the original knife put on the table was not proper to cut the lamb chop ...so I asked the waiter to bring me a proper one...
And the service ...well, all the staff was very kind but the water not particularly effective that night.
Finally, the wine list was fine, for there were plenty of high quality labels of Argentinian wines, including premium ones.
All in all, I felt that the experience overall could have been better, according to the price paid.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 19, 2016

We went there based on some Tripadvisor reviews and personnal search. THis was certainly our worst experience during our one-week stay in the Mendoza area, and very difficult to understand why it is so well rated in Tripadvisor. Terrible service. At first, they did not find our reservation, although they found it 10 minutes afterwards. It took forever for the waiters to serve us, even though the property was not totally full. Food was terrible. THe lamb raviolly was dry inside and the pasta was not fresh. The chourizo cut of the day was badly cooked and the cut was wrong with lot of debris in its middle. Desert was decent. We were so disappointed that we decided to discuss these issues with our waiter. She listened and said "Ok" and left. There are many much better places to dine in the area. Avoid these place.

Date of visit: June 2016