With only 24 hours in Iguazu, we knew this would be the way for us to maximize the value of our trip up here. The hotel is very nice -- American style with its room (we had a jungle-side room), which was lovely), nice reception, and swimming pool area. The best part of this hotel is its incredible proximity to the falls, which made for easy trips and time for siestas. Even though it was expensive, this alone made the hotel worth every dollar.
The all-you-can-eat dinner buffet was totally overrated, but the free breakfast buffet was pretty good. The lunch and dinner menu is decent, and the restaurant has a nice environment for meals and views. The wait staff is very attentive. Instead, we recommend the bar/cafe by the reception. The prices are better, food is pretty good, and it's the only place in the hotel with free Wifi. This is where the Argentines were eating, and it was only foreigners in the restaurant.
All in all, we would recommend this place wholeheartedly! Just go in with a realistic expectation of the restaurant and other food options for your time in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a natural sanctuary in the heart of the jungle, where the magnificent Iguazu Falls cascade in front of the Meliá Iguazu Resort & Spa. . Rest in a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, immersed in the mystical energy of the Paranaense jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Iguazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Iguazu Hotel Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Iguazu National Park
- Iguazu National Park Sheraton