Marcopolo Inn Iguazu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Saint George(Puerto Iguazu)
Oxum Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
Alexander Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
  • Pool
Residencial Lilian(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Hotel Jardin de Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Bosetti Apart Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
El Libertador(Puerto Iguazu)
Yreta Apart(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Kelta Hotel - Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here 4 days during our trip to Iguazu Falls. The room was ok, but the sheets and bedspreads were very suspect (they looked stained). The towels were incredibly worn and scratchy, and there were ants in the bathroom (but I guess that's what you get in the jungle!)

The staff was friendly and helpful (except when i asked for an extra towel and they said they could rent one to me!) We really liked being right across the street from the bus station (for those early morning bus rides to the falls.) The room did have a/c, which was a real plus. The breakfast was pretty lame...some cereal, yogurt, coffee, two slices of bread and one piece of fruit, but definitely better than nothing. They did have a nice big outdoor kitchen for public use, that many seemed to take advantage of. The pool also was pretty nice and clean.

I wouldn't recommend the hostel necessarily, but it did the job for us while we were thee.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Best location! But other than that I didn't really care for it. The pool you can't swim in after 1pm.... weird, and there is too much sitting area that it's hard to have a central area to hang out and meet people. The breakfast wasn't bad though for a hostel, more choices than the usual! They didn't have my booking either when I arrived and had to prove it to them although it didn't seem to be a problem. The staff wasn't very friendly except for the bartender was nice! They did have AC which was great!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hostel is not bad overall.
But there is no secured main entrance. And dorm rooms can be opened from outside, when they aren't locked from the inside. I stayed two nights. During the first night thieves entered the neighbour room, the next night they stole a bag from our room. When I woke up, i just saw the man rushing out of the room.
Of course this could have prevented locking the room. But in a dorm room you can be sure that somebody will forget to do so sooner or later.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My girlfriend and I intended to stay for 3 nights at Marcopolo Inn. We booked very early (6 months in advance) to be shure to stay here. The location is perfect and thats why we booked Marcopolo Inn.
We got our confirmation mail. However, when we arrived, the guy at the reception didn`t find a reservation for those nights. It was to late to call the booking office, so he gave us a spare room for that night only.
The next day they told us we had to move to Marcopolo Suites, outside the town. The management changed our booking to the Suites. Unfortunately, the rooms there were poor, a lot of noice AND more expensive! But we had no choice and all other hotels in the center were full.
So be aware when you make a booking for Marcopolo Inn, they might put you in another hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimHE
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This hostel has very friendly staff and great location in the center of Puerto Iguazu and is right across from the bus station.
We got a private room with 4-beds and a bathroom. The shower door was broken and so was the bathroom door. The swimming pool was closed and dirty, although it being the peak summer season in December. When we asked the staff they said they will open it but were not sure when.

Overall, this is a great place, with a good front open space for reading and catching up with other travelers.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends