“Iguazu falls beautiful and amazing falls”

Gran Hotel Tourbillon
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This hotel was nice quite and very clean . Good buffet breakfast and always taxi available to anywhere, It is a nice pull, very safe and friendly staff.At the desk always there is a desk with people who advise places to go , eat or drink. The hotel is not exactly in the city but it is close enough by taxi is easy to mobilize and is not expensive.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have either view to the pull or park , very nice view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed there 2 nights. The room was not very clean in general: meaning the walls, the floor, the courtins. But the sheets, towels and the toilet were ok.
The internet connection was terrible in my room (109). You could barely find the wifi. If u did, the connection would last only 1 second. I had to go always in the lobby downstairs. Are u thinking of watching a movie from your PC? Forget it.
Breakfast was pretty good and rich.
The service was ok but not very welcoming.
The swimming pool and the garden were nice.
The shower was kind of strange. It was difficult to find the right heat. Besides that, the showers' head was not portable, so if you want to skip washing the hair, it becomes difficult.
Since we were expecting a better hotel, I give it only 1 star.
I hope they will improve the hygienic stuff. The hotel can be muuuuch better inside, as it already looks from outside.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klarita888
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I really liked this hotel. It has a pretty swimming pool, in the middle of the rainforest. The room had a view to the swimming pool/forest, which made it very nice.
They have in-room safes, which is very useful. They offer free Wi-Fi, which is always appreciated to stay in touch.
To go anywhere from there, you do need to ask for a Taxi (or "remis"), or use the bus to go downtown, but they were very good to accommodate our needs.
The only issue is the bathroom, we had a bathtub that had mildew on the edges, it doesn't have a door to the shower (which is on top of the bathtub) so it made a bit wet the floor, and I had to clean the shower head myself to get a proper flow of water that would go to my head and not to the sides.
Breakfast is limited, and they might start a bit late, but it is not bad.
The staff was friendly, and the food was ok.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I am grading this property on a curve. Back in the US this is a three star hotel. But realizing we were in Iguazu and comparing other properties I bumped my rating to a four star. Property is nice, clean, safe and secure. They have a nice pool and restaurant. A short taxi ride will get you into town or to the falls.
Travel note: We had a difficult time with the local ATMs. We were not able to get money from them and had to rely on the hotel to exchange dollars for pesos.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We are on a leisure trip in Argentina. Our second station-Iguazu.
I reserved the hotel through Booking. The hotel is nice, but... We woke expecting breakfast. Was scheduled for 07:00.We were planned to leave for the falls by 07:30.We were the first to enter the dinning room. But, it was not ready. No plates, no tableware ready, and small disposable glasses-disposable...... Had to ask for fruit, cheese, bread.... They had it all, but....
We returned from the falls, to experience a prolonged short circuit. Imagine the heat and humidity in the room.
Wanted to change dollars. I am still waiting.
In the shower, only small soaps. And the water pressure....
As I said, disappointment.
Nice hotel, bad maintainence, not very profesional staff.
Could it be related to new year's eve? Do I really care?

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

My stay hotel was pretty good when it came to service, the staff was pretty friendly, helpful and kind. Wifi average drops in and out couldn't load any pics or videos took for ever. My room was pretty decent, clean, had all necessities bathroom wise except my shower wasn't very powerful like not much water would come out, but the spa was good. Bed ok, pillows so so. Pool is ok to considering it so hot should be a little fresher. I wanted to do late check bc I had a big night and they wouldn't let me, that was a bit of downer. So yeah not bad I guess it's good for just a few days in and out if your here for just the falls.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Price - 8/10 free breakfast was what made it reasonable although the selection was very, very basic

Room quality - 8/10 large and clean

Service - 6/10 this is where hotel loses points. You get a cold feeling from some at the counter, especially if you speak English. No smiles. No thank you. I asked to check out at 12 instead of 10 because my flight was at 4PM but was refused. They did allow me to sit by the pool however after check out.

Would I stay again? Sure I can't say I had a bad experience although it could have been better in terms of service.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo