All reviews per night recommend this hotel in town amethyst maintenance desk
Reviewed May 30, 2017

GHT has been open 10 years and its beginning to show, the fixtures and furnishings are starting to look worn and battle damaged. However the restaurant staff were very helpful and Ricardo particularly took great effort to provide gluten free food, much appreciated. We ate at non standard meal times as the 4 year old didnt agree with usual Argentinian practice of 4 hour meals starting at 21.00 - and the waiters were really good. The wifi was not good and the local town council need to invest serious amounts of treasure in the sewage system ... and we found it necessary to run the hot water for about 18 minutes before a shower or bath to get some tepid water ... so - GHT really does need some proper investment to get it up to Trans Atlantic standards, as the hard work of the staff is being undermined

Room Tip: Second floor away from reception
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2017

This hotel was nice quite and very clean . Good buffet breakfast and always taxi available to anywhere, It is a nice pull, very safe and friendly staff.At the desk always there is a desk with people who advise places to go , eat or drink. The hotel is not exactly in the city but it is close enough by taxi is easy to mobilize and is not expensive.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have either view to the pull or park , very nice view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pablomJ9419FF
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

I stayed there 2 nights. The room was not very clean in general: meaning the walls, the floor, the courtins. But the sheets, towels and the toilet were ok.
The internet connection was terrible in my room (109). You could barely find the wifi. If u did, the connection would last only 1 second. I had to go always in the lobby downstairs. Are u thinking of watching a movie from your PC? Forget it.
Breakfast was pretty good and rich.
The service was ok but not very welcoming.
The swimming pool and the garden were nice.
The shower was kind of strange. It was difficult to find the right heat. Besides that, the showers' head was not portable, so if you want to skip washing the hair, it becomes difficult.
Since we were expecting a better hotel, I give it only 1 star.
I hope they will improve the hygienic stuff. The hotel can be muuuuch better inside, as it already looks from outside.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klarita888
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I really liked this hotel. It has a pretty swimming pool, in the middle of the rainforest. The room had a view to the swimming pool/forest, which made it very nice.
They have in-room safes, which is very useful. They offer free Wi-Fi, which is always appreciated to stay in touch.
To go anywhere from there, you do need to ask for a Taxi (or "remis"), or use the bus to go downtown, but they were very good to accommodate our needs.
The only issue is the bathroom, we had a bathtub that had mildew on the edges, it doesn't have a door to the shower (which is on top of the bathtub) so it made a bit wet the floor, and I had to clean the shower head myself to get a proper flow of water that would go to my head and not to the sides.
Breakfast is limited, and they might start a bit late, but it is not bad.
The staff was friendly, and the food was ok.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

I am grading this property on a curve. Back in the US this is a three star hotel. But realizing we were in Iguazu and comparing other properties I bumped my rating to a four star. Property is nice, clean, safe and secure. They have a nice pool and restaurant. A short taxi ride will get you into town or to the falls.
Travel note: We had a difficult time with the local ATMs. We were not able to get money from them and had to rely on the hotel to exchange dollars for pesos.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple