“Original and tasty”

Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Chef Matteo Lagostena After years of studying, researching and hard work: he finally could define himself and decided to have a Autor kitchen. Join us in this great adventure through the flavors!
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I do not even know how to describe the style of the kitchen here. This quiet restaurant serves very original dishes with great service. I had a degustation menu of tastes from the region, including Marinated Surubi (fish) with roasted palmheart and papaya mayonnaise (wow!), pacu filled pineapple ravioli with maté sauce (strange but wonderful combination), crispy surubi in a torrontés dry martini sauce with orange (tastes like a fruit dessert) and a dessert of maté ice with merengue ( another strange but wonderful combination). My girlfriend had a fish canneloni ( best thing i tasted that day) and a lomo milanese (not the one you see everywhere in argentina, a real lomo steak in a crispy crust, order it rare!) and finally a Chocolate symphony(yes that tastes as good as it sounds) with truffle with Pepper, Chocolate mousse and choco ice. Highly recommended! Dishes change Every month.

1  Thank Poncho85

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend took the suggestion fish menu. He practically licked his fingers. I couldn't decide so I took the canneloni with shrimps in a wasabi sauce. This was definitely the best canneloni that I ever ate. Then I took the Milanese of the chef. It was a piece of tenderloin prepared as the well-known Milanese. The only downside was that I ordered medium baked. I should have chosen medium rare.
The dessert was the chocolate fantasy and it was incredible..
Luckily I got some help from my friend,because my portions were big.
Excellent service, great advice, nice location.

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

We had an excellent tasting menu meal here - good and inventive breads, and then some lovely dishes mixing local fish with fruit infused flavours and pasta. Best two dishes were last. Also good wine list.

Unlike many tasting menus there were not too many courses.

Service very friendly if not as informative as it needs to be for this type of food.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank 750londontraveller
Reviewed December 7, 2016

We had great expectations going there for dinner based on all the reviews that we had read. Unfortunately, something got lost in the kitchen. The food comes beautifully prepared - picture perfect. The chef obviously spends a lot of time making sure that the presentation is first class. If only he had spent as much time working on texture and flavours. Once you got past the appearance, the food itself was both lacking a smooth texture as well as lacking the kind of flavour one would have expected.
All in all, for the money, an overall disappointing experience.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

We were staying at the Amerian hotel and saw a bord indicating an italian restaurant not far away. As we had walked a lot during the day, we decided to try this address to have a pizza or pastas.
The "street" that goes straight to the restaurant isn't nice and neither the area, so we thought we will have "regular" food. But, when we entered the place we were very much impressed as it is modern-chic and decorated with much taste. At this moment we just thought our clothes weren't much for this kind of restaurant ! :-)
The waiter brought us to a nice table and then the owner came to greet us in English and then in french as she heard we were speaking french.
The menu card was simply incredible and we werewondering if it would taste as good as it seemed.
We were served some breads of many colors and forms and it was simply delicious !
We then ordered different meals and woaw, everything tasted fantastic ! Form vegetables to special "smoked pastas with coiba flavour" to delicious meat with malbec sauce, just perfect !
Desserts were also incredible and not only by taste but as well as the presentation of the different plates.
The surprise of finding such a good restaurant at this place with such incredible tasting experience made our evening a perfect one. No doubt abt this,o ournext visit to Iguazu, we will not miss this fantastic place.
Adding to this that all the staff was sympathic and very professionnal.
So, if you're looking for nice food in a nice place don't hesitate to go there (réservations seems quite necessary I think)

1  Thank spooty
BHFIguazu, Front Office Manager at De La Fonte, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Thank you very much for your beautiful and detailed review. We are pleased to see how our services overpassed your expectation.
Thank you again.