1,665 results
All reviewsnice casinoindoor poolbreakfast buffettravel agentnational parkbig roomfour nightscomfortable stayan oasisstayed longervisiting the fallsiguazusheratondriverargentinatowntaxi
Reviewed January 7, 2017

This hotel and spa provided elegant rooms, wonderful facilities and particularly superb service. The staff made every effort to make our stay comfortable and they provided services that exceeded all expectations. Our stay was wonderful. I recommend this place highly

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Guest S, Front Office Manager at Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Good Eavening Mr. Edward:
It is a pleasure for us to have your feed back about your stay at the Iguazú Grand!
We are very happy to exceed your expectations!
We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed January 2, 2017

We stayed for two nights while visiting the falls. The property is showing its age here and there, but where it counted (the rooms and the pool grounds) it was well kept. Our room was comfortable, but nothing really special. The door to the shower leaked so after each use the floor in the bathroom was a bit treacherous. Other than that no issues.

The pool grounds were quite nice. It is a multi-level pool and quite attractive. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much time to use it since it we were busy visiting the falls and/or going into town for dinner and getting back too late. Speaking of which, it is a bit of a walk from the hotel into town (we didn't have a car). Maybe twenty minutes or so. Not a huge deal, but after a day hiking in the park I could have done without that.

The breakfast was diverse and service was pretty good. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Guest S, Front Office Manager at Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Good Afternoon Mr. Eauboy:
It is a pleasure for us to receive your feed back about your stay at the Iguazu Grand.
We are very sorry for the leak at the bathroom door. We already fixed that.
We will wait for your next visit and also enjoy our Restaurants Menu, barbeccue and gourmet.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Let me first start by state that I'm a Travel Agent so when I travel I try to be aware of how the hotel handles issues. I know that there may be issues that happen, but it's how you try to make it right is what's important to me. Our first experience at this hotel ended better than how it started. First, the hotel was beautiful. The extensive garden like area in the back with the outdoor pool was lovely. I really enjoyed the look of the rooms. However, how the staff handled our mosquito situation was very disappointing. There were three of us traveling together. At time of check-in, the third traveler asked if she could be close to our room. They gave her room 107 (I will never forget this room number) and we had room 109 (turns out the rooms connected). First impressions: We were loved our rooms and each room had a balcony, which was great. The first problem, however, was that our sliding doors wouldn't lock (third traveler was first to notice this issue for her room). She contacted front desk and maintenance came and fixed the door. It turns out, though, that my room had the same issue (maintenance came and corrected). The next thing I noticed that the top blanket had a stain. This was disappointing because this is supposed to be a 5 star property. Now, I will say that I should have notified the front desk before we left for dinner and I didn't. I did mention it upon return but at this point it was late and I wanted to get to bed. Now, this is when the real problems began. As we were getting ready for bed, the third traveler found a number of mosquitos in her bathroom. Not just the bathroom, but they were also by the sliding door. The number of times that she needed to call for assistance was ridiculous. When the front desk finally sent someone, they brought a can of Raid as they expected her to just spray her room! When she saw the mosquitoes over her bed, that was a wrap. She contacted the front desk and told them she needed to be moved. They did move her and the second room was much, much better. Now my room: the air conditioner wasn't working. I had to make repeated calls to the front desk and tell them it wasn't working and that I needed maintenance. When maintenance did come, he just moved some pieces on the main box, gave me the ok and then left. Was the air conditioner working? NO. I finally reached out to the travel supplier that I booked through to complain and went to bed. That room was hot and it made sleeping very uncomfortable. The next day before leaving on our excursion, I went to the front desk and demanded that they have someone fix the air conditioner because I will not sleep in heat again. I think the travel supplier must have gotten in touch with hotel management because before I left the hotel it was noticed that they several people were working on the air conditioner in my room before we left. And, when we returned, I received a call from the manager offering an apology as well as a complimentary food and wine delivered to our room. YES, the air conditioner was working! As for other amenities at the hotel, the two other travelers commented on how nice the indoor pool was and I did like the buffet breakfast. All in all, the trip ended better than it began. The evening staff during our first night was not on point and proved to be a disappointment. I was also disappointed to learn that management tried to place the blame for the mosquitoes on the guest (that was not even possible). In my opinion, I feel that they gave us the rooms that are hard to sell. I don't understand how a room you check into has no working air conditioner, a stain on the top sheet and have a room next door that is infested with mosquitoes and you tell me those rooms are ready for guests. Would I stay here again? Yes, I would, but I would never allow myself to tolerate the room issues we had. As soon as the air conditioner wasn't fixed, I should have respectfully requested that we be moved. So, never be afraid to share legitimate issues with the front desk. Don't be rude, but never tolerate mediocre.

Room Tip: Check the sliding doors in the room to make sure they lock and check for mosquitoes
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon Mrs. Elizabeth:
My name is Marcela Morawicki, I am in charge of the Reception and I talked with you on the phone during your stay. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you had at the hotel, unfortunatelly in this area and at this time of the year the mosquitoes are an issue. Besides the hot weather makes the Air conditioner work a lot so somethimes it takes some time to fix it, so a change of room, as you sayed, would be a good option until ouw staff fix it.
I am glad your stay ended better than it started.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

The room is beautifully decorated, the bed is big and comfortable. The grilled food in the barbecue restaurant is nice ( a bit pricy but acceptable). Only 15 minutes taxi from the hotel to the falls. Nice location.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Audry:

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your feed back about your stay at the Iguazú Grand.
We hope to have you soon at the hotel.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

We had several nights in this hotel and it was very nice. It is clearly ageing however and there were a number of annoying little things as a result of this.

For example while the bathrooms were large and beautiful there was no mixer in the shower and so you had to stand by there and fiddle around with the hot and cold mix to get the water temperature correct - meanwhile the floor is flooding. The hairdryers were of poor, cheap quality. The pool was nice - 3 levels but heavily chlorinated as older pools tend to be with a lot of repair work required on the tiles.

You should also be careful re payment here. If possible pay in pesos in cash. The hotel policy seems to be to charge credit cards in US dollars even though all the menu prices are in pesos. The exchange rate being quoted when we left was 16.1 whereas the going rate in Bienos Aires was 15.25 - quite a difference.Maybe a casino thing.

The buffet breakfast was just OK - we had better at the small hotels we stayed at in Buenos Aires. When we arrived around lunchtime we just wanted something quick and easy to eat but the only option was a full menu lunch in 1 restaurant. Disappointing.

We had very good service from the travel agency - Trendy Travel at this hotel - but like most casinos they give you little o no information about anywhere else in the town as they dont want you to leave.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple