“Boat ride to the Falls”
Review of Iguazu Jungle

Iguazu Jungle
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Puerto Iguazu
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The best part was the boat ride we hadn't researched this trip in the falls enough if we had the jeep tour wouldn't have been our choice. We were under the impression there would be less walking doing this trip but no so. Long walk to find where to catch the jeep in 34 C humidity + didn't know how long up the stairs at the end of the boat ride to find the train to see the Devil's Throat. Cost wasn't important as we had one opportunity to do this. The view from the boat was hit & miss but the experience of going under the falls and when you could see the falls was worth everything for us.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Following on from the reviews we decided to only do the boat ride which was very reasonably priced. Great fun! It's short but sweet. You get in a boat and you go under two waterfalls, what isn't there to love about that! We can now say we have seen the falls from Argentina, from Brazil, from above (helicopter) and from underneath! Definitely do it but be prepared to get soaked! They give you a waterproof bag to put all your belongings in so at least those will stay dry!

1  Thank Bea M
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It was hard to give a rating as we did the full 'adventure' and part was fantastic and part was terrible. Definitely do the boat ride into the falls. You'll get wet but who cares. Was an absolute highlight. Definitely do not do the trick ride into the jungle. Was terrible and boring. We did the inflatable raft ride as well and wish we hadn't. Pretty boring and we learnt nothing as the guide didn't speak any English. Even if we spoke Spanish it would have been pretty lame.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Not knowing what to expect, we didn't get the boat ride, because it seemed little pricey for group of 5. Thank god we were coming back the next day! Now thinking about it - $60/person is really not that much. I think it was one of the best experiences of my life! I'm pretty sure you can only get the tickets at the entrance (too far to get back if you change your mind), so don't hesitate.

And now I realize that you can't truly experience these waterfalls without going under. You don't have to get the super long ride. Really being by the waterfall is the highlight.
You will get SOAKED - I'm sure every review tells you that. Not like "under the shower" wet, more like being under a firehouse. They give you secure bags for your belongings, but some people come in bathing suits. You have time to take pictures before getting wet and they will tell you when to hide your camera. When they say to roll the bag 4 times - roll it 4 times! lol It was pretty hot, so it actually felt awesome, and I got dry pretty quickly.

Tip - getting to the boat is probably the most challenging/steepest hike in the park. We are not young and def not in good shape and we had NO problems - but we saw an older couple who were struggling so bad they needed assistance, so don't bring your grandma (I don't know what they were thinking!) - and the only way to get out is the same way you came in.
I feel it's totally safe and super fun, but we had 2 kids in our boat who got little scared. The water is coming down pretty hard and feels cold after a while. Everybody had a blast, but if your kid is a scaredy cat, they may not enjoy it as much.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I bought the "Great Adventure" ride. I don't recommend it to anybody! NEVER! 950 pessos is too much for this killing time. First you have a ride through a "jungle". It was a ride on a quite big truck for approximately 30 people through a thin sunny forest. The commentary was mainly in spanish, the english parts were shorter and hard to understand because of the spanish articulation and accent. Also the information were very basic and not much of them. Then you have the boat ride which begins with ride through "rapids" of the river. I did not see any rapids. The boat was going straight up the stream like nothing was going on. Except two curves made by the driver which allowed me to see where we were going because I did not see a thing on the boat! It was a big boat for 30 people whose front part went up when moving. I included photos. It was an excellently boring ride! Then we came to the waterfalls. But it is hard to notice because you don't see a thing. They give you time to make photos. But they keep the boat perpendicular to the falls!!! The boat with stairs in front and 30 people on it! After this ridiculous activity finally comes to an end they will take you very near to the falls. This is the part when you will get wet. It is a nice part of the trip but again you don't see much because of the amount of water rushing towards you and your face. I never felt so "tourist" (in the bad meaning of the word) on this whole trip. They just got people to ride with them. This trip has no soul, no magic. I would say nothing to remember too but it was so bad... They don't care about the details I mentioned in this review. The details that would help people to EXPERIENCE what is going on. The rest of the park was incomparably better. The park is incredible! The trails are the best part and they are for free (no additional cost). These "jungle rides" are shame of the Iguazú National Park...