“Don't waste your time playing here”
Review of Longbow Golf Club

Longbow Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Mesa
More attraction details
Owner description: Named after a military attack helicopter, this walkable course offers a solid mix of long and short holes through the rolling desert scrub land.
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Though course was in good shape, there was NO WATER in 100* heat, no ranger, no marshall, and no cart girl (she showed up at the last hole). Plus that had only one tee marker out (black tees) and the flags were all white and there was no way to figure out where the pin was located on each green. I went into Pro shop to complain afterwards and they were not very sympathetic to my concerns. Too many great courses in Phoenix area to waste time/money here.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

My wife and I discovered Longbow last year on the recommendation of a neighbor and it has quickly become our favorite course to play. Its location near where we spend our winter months is part of the attraction- but a very small part. From the minute you pull up to the bag drop, you are treated like a club member. The entire staff from the guys in the cart shack to the workers on the course to the marshalls are extremely friendly and polite. The guys in the pro shop (Matt and Tim) are great: courteous and eager to do whatever they can to accommodate you. We are not great golfers (my index is 20, my wife's is 13) so we find the course itself to be challenging enough for us-particularly the waste areas, the deep green-side bunkers and the undulating greens but it is playable and fair. If you are in the area for an extended visit, I recommend that you purchase the Longbow Flight Card which gets you deep discounts on golf, range balls etc.

Reviewed 5 September 2010

Played here yesterday. Paid $26 / person.
When I was checking in got talking to the guy at the desk and he said I was in for a treat. He was right. He also said there was no cold water on the course. He was right about that too..
So, the course - Fantastic. Was a little worried how dry the course would be as the courses in Cincinnati hurting badly with lack of rain. These people have about 10% of cincy... I needn't have worried. It was in superb condition.
Greens ran fast and true.
Had to think about most holes. Not just simply pull the driver from the bag. I like that.
The water - It doesn't take much to put half a dozen cold water stations on the course. After 3 holes water was warm and ice was melted. It was 107F.. Cold water was needed!
The planes - Annoying... Annoying that I couldn't get a good picture of one with the mountains behind as they would have made some spectacular pictures!

Would thoroughly recommend this course. I see it's ranked 21 in the "Best Public Golf Courses in Arizona 2010". Played Talking Stick North today that is ranked 15. Longbow was a far better course, but TSN had cold water...

Reviewed 26 July 2010

Yes, it was a little noisy with the planes and helicopters going overhead, but big deal.

The pro shop and restaurant were not too impressive and they were a little freaked out by having you drive your golf cart to the driving range, which I found annoying. But the course itself was a fun round.

The conditioning was excellent and the holes were interesting. It was tough, but playable. I enjoyed it a lot.

Reviewed 23 January 2010

There's been some good debate about the planes that fly overhead Longbow Golf Club. As a yearly migratory Seattleite to Longbow and a person facinated with aviation, I found both the course and the planes to be a compliment. These aren't Boeing 737s...they are mostly vintage and small craft which keeps it interesting.

Longbow routinely runs greats golfing deals during the peak season so I've found this course to be a premier choice for vacation in the sub-$100 range for enjoyable (and not overly rushed nor over-the-top) golf! Conditions are always spectactular, though the course itself is pretty level. Highly recommended, unless you're a scratch golfer that wants complete silence :)