“Personalized service and good food”
Review of Cafe 8

Cafe 8
Ranked #201 of 936 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean, Soups
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Personalized service and good food”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a Mediterranean/Greek style restaurant that caters to gluten free diners. There are meals that are not gluten free, but I don't partake. My girlfriend and I had the Mediterranean sample platter for an appetizer and we took half of it home. We shared our entree with each other. A gluten free pizza and linguini with portabello mushroom sauce. We even brought some of that home too. We met the owner and talked with him for a while. He likes to make the rounds and get the customer's input.

2 Thank Jim D

“Unexpected Excellence!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I recently went to Cafe 8 with my partner because we were looking for something close by. I went to Yelp and found this place called Cafe 8. We like trying new places.
I have been to this location before bug it was a coffee shop that went under. As we walked in the place was small and cozy and we were greeted right away. They sat us down like a restaurant. It didn't appear at first to be that kind of place. We went along with it. Unexpectedly we were treated with such dignity, respect and great customer service than most restaurants. The entire staff paid attention to fine details and it caught me and my partner off guard. There are some restaurants than can learn how to treat a customer from this place. A definite must experience and we will be repeat customers. Great job Cafe 8 staff! : )

3 Thank Travelrich911
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Excellent food is a small space”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Located on the south east corner of Higley and Southern in a strip mall dominated by a Sprouts market you will find Cafe 8. The restaurant itself is located in the corner of the mall and is not a very large space. What we found was a once inside was a menu with a excellent selection of sandwiches and entrees much of which is gluten free. They offer flavored teas of which we selected coconut cream, which was excellent. My wife selected a Monte Cristo sandwich and I selected a beef pita. Included with the sandwiches was a soup or salad, we both selected a tomato soup which was thick and wonderful. My wife described her sandwich as very good and my beef pita offer tender beef although more sauce would have been appreciated. The interior of the restaurant is neat and clean and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We will return for lunch and will also take the staff up on their suggestion stopping by for just coffee and dessert. The restaurant is open everyday except Sunday. Not sure the hour they open but they do offer breakfast daily and I believe they close at 6 pm. Try this independent you will be glad you did, of special interest is that you can rent the whole restaurant for special occasions.

2 Thank johnDArizona
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great food (not to mention it was gluten free)”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We tried out Cafe 8 for lunch. I like to eat gluten-free and heard that pretty much everything on their menu is gluten-free (they also have several "raw" options to try). I had the mediterranean combo appetizer. Now, I LOVE mediterranean food. These were the best dolmades that I have ever had…including in Greece. The hummus and tzaziki were outstanding. And the presentation was first rate. My husband had a pear and gorgonzola salad that was delectable. Not sure what the dressing was but it was very light and flavorful.

The gluten-free dessert case gave us a challenge: which amazing looking item to choose to try. After a very satisfying meal, we could really only try one. We chose the delicious-looking triple-layer carrot cake. Wow! ridiculously good. No clue by taste that it was gluten-free. I would go back again for just the desserts. I imagine the other items are equally delicious.

At one point the pastry chef (owner?) came out and chatted with us for a bit, explaining her passion for cooking and some of her cooking philosophies. Our server was great and prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return.

2 Thank Carrons