Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hurb
SAVE US$18
HolidayInn.comUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
StayForLongUS$93
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2020

When we got there, we had the wrong room, ok fine they switched us which seemed like no biggie as no-one was there! May husband and I was there 5yr.s ago well since then we heard from the bar tender that Management changed...Big Mistake! Well restaurant wasn't open and no room service only had bar food which isn't what I wanted for a b-day dinner...Then we went out to the car and glad we did there was a couple sleeping in a car next to ours so we moved our car, mind you this was in front of the hotel...They need to update the website so people like us don't waste our money when we get there..And didn't even stay for our next day just wanted out! and yes the couple was still out there in their car!!! Never again!!!

Room tip: Call 1st, ask questions, don't rely on the website!!
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank J8473OOkellyo
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2020

Hello J8473OOkellyo,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us a review of your most recent visit.

As our guest, we want to ensure that every detail of your stay is top notch. However, I am sorry you were let down on your special day due to the issues encountered with the room allocation, limited services, and closed restaurant. I understand this is not the seamless experience you're accustomed to. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as a reference for the necessary improvements. I also sent you a private message to further reach out to you.

I hope you give us another chance and to not allow this isolated event to prevent you from choosing us again!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed July 2, 2020

Had a room on the 6th floor and it was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and had hand sanitizer in convenient places for anyone staying there and for staff. The restaurant was closed due to Covid-19 restrictions but there were nearby restaurants open for take-out and a few for inside dining. Also a grocery store within a few blocks. The light on the little balcony didn't seem to turn off - the next room had theirs covered with a bag!

Date of stay: June 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Karen B
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2020

Hello Karen B,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad to see you have regarded our hotel, clean, comfortable, and quiet. I am sorry to see that the restaurant was closed during your stay and I'm sorry that the light on the balcony was a letdown. I understand the inconvenience this may have caused, and this is not the way we make travel inspiring experience that our Crowne Plaza hotels are known to provide. I will make sure to let the hotel management know about your concerns about the necessary improvements needed.

Thank you for staying and for the feedback. I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs. If you have any other concerns, just let us know.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed June 11, 2020

Been coming here for about 2 years off and on for work this last visit there were bloody sheets in my bed and room Uncleaned! Don’t stay at this location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very disgusting ofter notifying management they did nothing!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank T4KNgg
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2020

Hi T4KNgg!

It's always our pleasure to get feedback from our visitors. Thank you for allowing us to host you when you were in the area.

One of our aims is to fascinate our guests with our features and assistance. The best surprise is no surprise. I'm concerned that the sheet and room's upkeep lessened the quality of your stay. I'm also sorry to hear that you didn't find our management service on par with your standards.

No worries, I recorded your thoughts and conveyed them to the housekeeping and supervision teams. Please trust that your words will encourage us to make an efficient improvement plan to achieve improvement across all service levels. Kindly check the private message that I sent you.

I hope that you'd let us bridge the gap and allow us to turn things around.

Stay safe,

Leni C.

Reviewed March 17, 2020

We drove in from a vacation in Tucson to stay on a Sunday night. I was flying out of Phoenix on Monday; my husband was staying until Thursday for business. This hotel is right off a major highway. Our room was on the 6th floor facing the Home Deport parking lot. All night long I heard the traffic--3 ambulances, lots of motorcycles sounding like they were racing each other, semi-trucks rolling down the highway, etc. I can't imagine what it sounds like on a Friday or Saturday night. My husband said the room was loud the rest of the week, too.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The pool area was nice and large, but we didn't use it during our stay. They have a nice laundry room on the 2nd floor but we didn't use it either.

The front desk staff and bartender were all very nice. The bar is very odd as it is in the middle of the dining room anchored by four huge, wide pillars so you can't see people at other parts of the bar. We're guessing they are support beams, but you'd think there would have been a better way to build the hotel. We just shared a chicken tender and fries appetizer, and it was good. We had a couple of drinks also.

The hotel has two elevators in the building. One was broken, open, and had the large yellow caution tape in an "X" across the open door. The working elevator we used hadn't been inspected since April 2018, almost 2 years, so it made us a little nervous seeing that the other one was down.

Overall I'd recommend a hotel in a quieter area with a better maintenance schedule for the elevators.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MN_Travel_Bug_1
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2020

Hello MN_Travel_Bug_1,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Holiday to spend a short weekend after your vacation.

It is wonderful to know that you appreciated the warm hospitality of the front desk staff and bartender, the room clean and comfortable and the rest of the amenities the property had to provide. It is unfortunate though that we were not able to elevate your stay experience with us due to the noise you experienced coming from the highway and some concerns with the elevator. Our Hotel Management and our maintenance team has been notified of your concerns and are working diligently to ensure that we do not allow our future guests to have this kind of experience.

We are determined to deliver a combined sense of comfort and happiness. At the end of the day, it is the smile that we see in our guests and the joy that you share of your stay that we always look forward to. We hope to host your stay soon should you visit Tucson in the future.

Hector P

Reviewed March 7, 2020

Overall decent hotel compared to some. Close to many restaurants and Walmart which is nice. Right off the highway so very convenient to just jump on when you head off for the day. Hotel itself overall was clean and well maintained. Pool is very nice and heated, with a cool waterfall type feature in the middle. Small hot tub. Only seats about 6 comfortably, and if the hotel is busy, as it was when I was there due to spring training-forget about getting in it. I was able to get in one night out of my three-and it was disappointing. Most of the jets didn't work, and the couple that did barely spit out tiny bubbles. Front desk staff was always very pleasant. If you are fortunate enough to get a room with a view of the pool, well done. If not-you've got a view of a very busy highway and in my case an ugly flat roof with satellite dishes on it. I didn't mind the highway view but certainly a poolside view is much nicer. On that point-satellites...no idea why a major hotel in a major city has satellites instead of cable. Changing channels is laborious as it takes a couple seconds for each channel to come in. 20 min. have passed before you can get through half of them and give up. The picture/sound froze up often, and even lost signal at one point for a few minutes. The bathroom is modern. It had a sliding door which I don't mind, but it doesn't completely close which I saw others made mention of that it bothered them, and I agree. A door should close. All rooms have a balcony with a light. Unfortunately that light is automatic and stays on all night long. If you're fortunate enough to have one of what I thought looked like the "nicer" side of the hotel that had poolside views and an elevator that looked out to the pool, they had balcony lights that were wall sconces. Mine however, was on overhead light. It was literally like a spotlight. Lit up the entire room like the middle of the day. And I couldn't completely close the drapes to keep the light out, because the drapes are on tracks, and at least in my room the tracks didn't allow you to close the drapes in front of the wall ac/heat unit, which is a large area, so no possible way to block the light. I tossed and turned all night especially the first night. Unacceptable that there isn't a switch to turn the light on/off. There should either be a switch or all rooms should have the wall sconce type. Also the door to the balcony didn't have a tight seal when closed so traffic noise as well as cold air comes right in. The room itself was nice and modern, and overall clean. However-it was obvious that the room was not vacuumed before I came, and after it wasn't yet vacuumed by my second day, I asked to have it vacuumed. It was but I felt that I should not have to ask to have a clean carpet. It should be standard that after each guest the carpet is vacuumed. The beds were very comfortable. Overall a decent stay, but for the amount I paid for my stay (I assume it was WAY above avg pricing due to spring training) I expected not to have the issues I mentioned. And for that amount, although I don't eat breakfast, at least a continental type breakfast should be included.

Date of stay: March 2020
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa/Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2020

Dear waverunner123,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa/Chandler and for sharing your experience with me.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations the television signal coming from the satellite dish, the not fully functional hot tub and that the lights on the balcony could not be turned off. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Be assured that I will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. Despite our shortcomings I am happy to see that the service of our staff, our pool and the location of our hotel was still appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,