“Weekend Trip in Mesa”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire. Check in at the front counter was very quick and easy.

When we arrived at our room, it was much bigger than we expected, we had plenty of room to spread out! Even though the hotel was FULL because of a wedding party, spring training and other events, we encountered no noise issues and the other guests were friendly and polite.

Check out was a breeze. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable hotel.

Pros:
- Down the street from a mall (It got cool at night and we forgot a jacket!)
- Close to many restaurants
- Free breakfast (nothing to too fancy, but it was free)
- Well lit parking lot
- Free Wi-fi, didn't have any issues
- Loved shower head

Cons:
- Elevator was slow
- Didn't like bathroom door

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My Brother and one son did our annual Spring Training. We had switched LaQuintas last year to be closer to our home team. We were disappointed in the other la Quinta so this year returned to the Laquinta on W Grove in Mesa. Floors of bathroom and tub were marked with black. Elevator near lobby made lots of noise and thumping noises. We were on the 7th floor and on one occasion it stopped at the 7th floor and the doors would not open. It took me almost 10 minutes to finally get the elevator to respond and get me back down to the ground level and off. I mentioned to mangement and they fixed it. Several days later I rode the elevator again and it still made noise and thumped several times going up but door opened.

• Stayed: March 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years, and recently (May, 2012) spent five nights here. As a rule, their rooms are clean and service has been good. We did have a little problem with the timeliness of the room cleaning the first day. It hadn’t been cleaned, or towels replaced, by 4:15 PM, so we had to call the front desk to request clean towels. No problems on subsequent days, however. This hotel has 7 floors, and during busy times they could use a little extra help at the front desk to avoid making guests wait in line so much. One nice thing about this location is that it is NOT near any very busy roads or highways – making it more quiet than some. The rates here are lower than most other hotels in the area of similar quality. It has been good over the years, but on this last stay there were a few more “rough edges” than previously. However, I would likely stay here again the next time I’m in the area.

1  Thank Roadman58
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is a nice hotel that is easy to get to. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. We had a suite. It was enough room for the family. We did not seem to hear the other TVs, but we were at the end of the hall.

The breakfast was simple but enough for us.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I must admit, I expected much more after reading the RAVE reviews of other TripAdvisor folks. I think that was the only disappointment.

Pros:
- Located near restaurants & easy access
- Free basic breakfast
- Pet friendly with no extra charge (I brought my two 25-lb dogs)
- Clean

Cons:
- Not built as well as I'd hoped, you could hear televisions and conversation above you
- I was given a 3rd floor room, meaning I had to parade the dogs up/down 2 flights of stairs for those midnight potty breaks
- Suite wasn't as big as I expected

So I think overall it's a fine place for basic, clean accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TerrySF
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I almost don't want to let on about this hotel and what a deal it was although because we like to sleep in late, we will skip the breakfast add-on. Its very clean with very comfortable rooms. The location was perfect for us. When you have Marriotts on each side of you and a Hilton 2 blocks away and your paying La Quinta prices for the same location, how can that be a bad thing?!?! Very safe feeling area with a well-lit parking lot. Within 2 blocks of the hotel, there is the Fiesta Mall, Mimi's Cafe, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Fiesta Golf Course (a sweet laidback 9 holer) and easy on/off to the 60 freeway. The staff was friendly, helpful & during our 7 night stay our only problem was they missed cleaning our room one day. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KenaiSeamama
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Rooms were clean & comfortable. Staff very nice; even offered to bring breakfast to my room as I was traveling with dogs. Extremely dog friendly; however, take note of a new policy that went into effect Jan. 1 - dogs cannot be left alone in the room. I never leave them alone, so this was not a problem & I agree that it helps cut down on barking which can disturb other guests

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo