“I am a RV person and don't like hotels but this was nice.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The room was very well equipped, The fridge was on and ready to go. Very clean and well maintained. I don't like to do hotels at all but if I have to, I would definitely stay at La Quinta.
We did use the pool and it was nice also. The breakfast was well stocked and good quality. I would highly recommend this hotel, I was impressed. Summer rates started just a few days after we were there but it was still worth it since we had to be there for 2 nights to pick up our new RV.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirrichard2301n
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Good, solid choice, especially if attending baseball spring training venues or shopping at the Fiesta mall. Far enough away from downtown Mesa which is becoming rundown.

Room Tip: only the king bed rooms include a refrigerator, not the ones with two double beds.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Temecula, California, USA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had a great stay at your hotel this past weekend. The breakfast buffett is very nice. I would suggest adding packs of mayonaisse, ketchup, and mustard. The location in Mesa is really nice because it is within walking distance of the Fiesta Mall and there are many restaurants near the hotel like Chevys, Mimi's Cafe, Red Lobster, In-and-out Burger, etc.
Joe & Lin Geldert
Temecula, CA

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My aunts and uncles come from out of town to visit and we put them up here. Each time the hotel has been attentive to special needs and the rooms have been clean and fairly quiet (it is a hotel, after all). The breakfast included is more than just donuts and juice, a nice addition. Check in and check out is quick and easy. Rooms are decent size, not too small. A good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ametrinel
Reviewed 21 April 2012

When the air conditioning in my house broke down (in the middle of Summer) I needed a place to stay a few nights while it was being repaired. I decided to stay at the La Quinta Inn in Mesa, which seemed like a newer hotel in the Fiesta Mall area. Lots of restaurants nearby, easy access to the I-10 freeway. I've stayed at several La Quinta's in the past across the US on business travel, some nice, some bad, but this one was pretty good. The room I had was large, clean, smelled fine, and had everything I needed. It was cool and quiet and had good Internet access. And the price was good (mainly because it was in the dead of summer and most people don't vacation in the Phoenix area during this time).

The only thing that concerned me was this hotel takes small pets, which often means the rooms smell bad (either like urine or heavy industrial carpet cleaner) but for my room none of that was present. The free breakfast buffet was good too, nothing fancy but enough for me to start my day.

So, if you want a cheap hotel room that is clean and roomy, I definitely recommend you check out this La Quinta Inn (and, doors open inside the building, not outside!).

Room Tip: I suggest getting a higher floor room for quietness.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire. Check in at the front counter was very quick and easy.

When we arrived at our room, it was much bigger than we expected, we had plenty of room to spread out! Even though the hotel was FULL because of a wedding party, spring training and other events, we encountered no noise issues and the other guests were friendly and polite.

Check out was a breeze. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable hotel.

Pros:
- Down the street from a mall (It got cool at night and we forgot a jacket!)
- Close to many restaurants
- Free breakfast (nothing to too fancy, but it was free)
- Well lit parking lot
- Free Wi-fi, didn't have any issues
- Loved shower head

Cons:
- Elevator was slow
- Didn't like bathroom door

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My Brother and one son did our annual Spring Training. We had switched LaQuintas last year to be closer to our home team. We were disappointed in the other la Quinta so this year returned to the Laquinta on W Grove in Mesa. Floors of bathroom and tub were marked with black. Elevator near lobby made lots of noise and thumping noises. We were on the 7th floor and on one occasion it stopped at the 7th floor and the doors would not open. It took me almost 10 minutes to finally get the elevator to respond and get me back down to the ground level and off. I mentioned to mangement and they fixed it. Several days later I rode the elevator again and it still made noise and thumped several times going up but door opened.

• Stayed: March 2012