1,038 results
All reviews room was spacious lots of places to eat late arrival excellent location room door city view wifi puerto argentina peninsula trelew valdez pier
Reviewed November 28, 2017

Because of the Tripadvisor reviews of fellow travelers, we were looking forward to our stay in the Dazzler hotel. But it did not start good. The reception guy (out of diapers last month) was very arrogant and could not smile for some reason. I felt treated like somebody begging for something. For a hotel in Argentina this is very unusual. The room facing the beach was okay, but nothing outrageous. The main problem was at night when we wanted to use the A/C - the room gets hot with all the sunshine during the days even when it is not too warm outside. We were looking for the switch or the remote, but could not find anything. So we called the reception and we were informed that the A/C was controlled centrally from the reception desk. Hello? This means every time you want to use the A/C you must call them. This reminded me a lot of my trips to Uzbekistan 20 years ago: there in the bitter cold winter the rooms were unbelievable hot due to central heating. There you could not not call anybody to control the temperature and therefore you were supposed to open the window for letting the heat out and the cold air in, which we did at the Dazzler, too. Another big annoyance was the sewage smell coming from the bathroom - disgusting. Last but not least there was noise from a bar nearby until late night (which is of course not the fault of the hotel, but unpleasant anyway). The breakfast at Dazzler was very poor for the price range of this hotel (at the Ibis in Buenos Aires it is much better for example). The problem we believe with this hotel is, that they mainly cater to tour groups which fills up the hotel and there is few competition in Puerto Madryn. So individual travelers are not treated very enthusiastically. A plus point is the garage of the hotel, where you can park your car with direct access to the room floor.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler by Wyndham Puerto Madryn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank your for choosing the Dazzler on your recent stay at Puerto Madryn.

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your experience.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received.

I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. Please be assured, that we have noted your comments to improve.

In the midst of the inconvenience I am glad to know that our room and the garage was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Great service level from Dazzler staff. Our 8th floor room was clean and had basic furnishings. We had a room facing the beach. When the sun rose and hit the sliding glass window, the room became excessively warm. At times, warm air from HVAC added to the temperature issue. Our room did not have an individual thermostat for guest adjustment. Closing the blackout curtains did not address the heat problem. We did find opening the room door to the hallway permitted cooler hall air to enter our room. Once the sun no longer hit the sliding glass doors, the room temperature became fine. One plus, hand wash dried very quickly in the mornings.

We had breakfast in the hotel. Basic breakfast items were provided via a buffet. More selections than a continental breakfast, but not much more.

Room Tip: Avoid beach facing room, if possible.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler by Wyndham Puerto Madryn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you found our service and cleaning both great for your needs.

I am sorry to read that your room was not cold enough. We will be working to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Dazzler.

Kind regards.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

4* hotel offering rooms with city view and spectacular ocean view. Hotel has a rooftop solarium; sauna and jacuzzi on ground floor (booking necessary). Rooms are spacious, comfortable; safe, TV, mini bar. Very centrally located. Quiet, even the rooms with city view.
Breakfast : buffet with nice choice of pastries.
In the morning around 7.00 the restaurant is overcrowded.Staff is nice: limited knowledge of English

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlemil
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler by Wyndham Puerto Madryn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear guest,

We are grateful for your kind words and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Dazzler!

Also, thank you for your feedback on breakfast and English Staff, we will check over the quality of both.

Thank you once more and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Jeremías Meinardi

Reviewed September 26, 2017

I stayed here because of the excellent reviews, especially reviews mentioning the staff. I don't know if I interacted with different staff members than the reviewers, or if they spoke Spanish to the staff, or if perhaps the great staff members moved on or weren't working on the days I was here - but regardless, my experiences as an English speaker were very different from the reviews I read. Every time I interacted with someone at the front desk, they acted like it was a bother to speak to me and like they hoped I would just go away (I mean that literally; for example, on multiple occasions I would be trying to clarify or ask something more to a staff member and they did not even acknowledge I was still there), while I saw them enthusiastically giving help to and talking at length with fluent Spanish speakers. I am having trouble ever remembering a hotel anywhere where the staff consistently treated me so rudely. The only staff that were nice to me were the ones who only spoke Spanish; they were very friendly and if I ever tried to ask them something, were profusely apologetic at not being able to answer me. Additionally, the wifi is one of the worst hotel wifi connections I've ever used anywhere in the world (including the connection regularly completely dropping), and the included breakfast is an Argentinian-style cold continental breakfast (mostly consisting of pastries and cereal) so if you want more food than that you'll have to pay for breakfast elsewhere anyway.

The hotel location is excellent - right by the ocean and at the edge of the main center of Puerto Madryn - but I would only recommend this hotel to fluent Spanish speakers.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler by Wyndham Puerto Madryn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Dazzler during your trip in Argentina.

Also, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am sorry you were dissapointed with the Front Desk Service.

We usually receive such positive comments about the Team since Marianela, Pablo, Adrian, Giuliana and Jorge speak fluent English.

Please rest assured I have passed your comments to the whole team in order to make improvements.

I hope you will allow us an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

From this moment I am at your entire disposal.

Kind Regards.

Jeremías Meinardi

Reviewed July 13, 2017

This hotel us in an excellent location and the staff were extremely helpful, I would definitely recommend it to others looking to explore the wonders of nature in Puerto Madryn. The views from the front of the hotel are splendid.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler by Wyndham Puerto Madryn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a beautiful review about us!

We're thrilled to know about your "lovely stay". Thank you for choosing us!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Kind Regards.