See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was in town, but not in the center and thus a bit away from any hubbub and provided undisturbed sleep. The apartment/suite was very comfortable, and there was parking on site. The staff brought a basic continental breakfast to the room in the morning (guests make coffee in the room using the supplied coffee and coffee maker). The wi-fi in the room worked well. While we were there, there was some construction and upkeep (painting) going on at the facility. Also, our suite did not have much of a view – other units on one side, and other buildings and trees among them on the other. More on the plus side: we discovered that the staff cared for a couple of cats that lived around the hotel area, which immediately in our minds gave them high points for being friendly and compassionate people.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel made my husband and I and our 1 year old feel right at home.

This property is a gem and so are the staff. I stayed at this Apart Hotel for about 1/2 of my ten day stay in Argentina. The location is blocks from the downtown area, Lago Lacar, parks, and trails. They helped with everything from booking bikes, providing a pack and play, and helping find a pharmacy.

We stayed in 2 units during our visits. Each has a bedroom separate from the living area and bathroom. Each had a fireplace, and kitchen with everything but an oven. The property has wi-fi and breakfast is included each morning.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are better than 1st floor rooms. The difference is 10 dollars. Room 12 was perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a nice little hotel-apartment complex several blocks away from the center of town. The units are nice and modern and very clean. I thought for the price it was a very good deal. I got their smallest unit and it was very spacious - one bedroom with a queen sized bed, a second with two twins. There's a nice pool which gets lots of sunshine and a sauna if you're cold.

I had two downsides to staying here - one morning there was no hot water so I had to take a cool shower. Also, it's not the hotel's fault, but there are a lot of dogs in this residential neighborhood and sometimes they can do a lot of barking. On several nights it sounded a bit like a kennel and it was difficult to go to sleep. Ditto in the mornings.

Wifi is intermittent, but that seems to be true everywhere in Patagonia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back off the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Me my wife and 2 kids stayed there for 6 days, together with a group of friends. We were 14 people. We had a great expectation about this hotel, we were flirting with it since our last trip to SMA. We took a 2 beds/ 2 baths apartment and, despite the good expectation, we were positively surprised.
The apartment is big, real big, with 2 suites, heated floor, fully equiped kitchen, dinnig room, TV room, confortable beds, DVD system ,stereo system, fireplace etc.
The hotel is brand new (or is superbly mantained, i couldnt tell the diference) and is beautyfull, made on stones and wood. It has 2 barbecue closed cabins with a wooded parrila tath you can use to get together with your friends and made a barbecue in the winter. The pool is a atraction itself. It centers the complex and is heated inside and outside, having a jacuzzi system on the inside side. You can relax after a long day on the slopes on a 37C water with snow outside the border or take a sauna. I had trouble taking the kids out of the pool every day.
Some issues you have to know to enjoy a fully experince in this hotel:
-this is an apart hotel, not a hotel. Breakfast is delivered to your room, and composes of crousaints, jelly and butter. All the drinking (coffe is included in the kitchen) you have to buy yourself (there is a huge supermarket 3 blocks away and a small one 1 block away)
- The hotel is located 4 blocks from the main street at SMA, but a car is required to comfortably access to all the good restaurants and stores.(i´m lazy I confess).
-The reception staff is very attencious and made the possible and impossible to make our stay a pleasent one.
My impression is, if you like to travel on a more "home away from home" style this is, from my best knowledge, the best place you have in SMA. But if you expect a tradicional Hotel way Think you might be a little frustated.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank mfgn
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed at Del Sauco with my parents and a friend. We had a 2 room apartment with a living room area and kitchen area. It was plenty of space for four people and very clean and convenient. There are BBQ spaces to reserve for doing an Asado as well. Overall the place is very spacious and clean and a great deal for the price. The people who work in the office are very helpful and nice. It's a short walk to the lake as well as to the middle of town. I would recommend this location for groups traveling together or families!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family