All reviews great location scones the main street lucas lake block argentina hosts
Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, although noisy (street noise) in the evening and early morning, at night it is quiet.

We were very disappointed, at reservation they asked us our credit card number, security code etc, and as soon as we arrived, before anything else, they pushed the receipt under our nose to sign. At that time I saw the copper plate saying that you must tell 24h in advance if you want to check out. That should have rung a bell, but I was confident in the trip advisor comments and we signed before seeing the room.

The room, carpet, bedcover, is in desperate need of renovation. The hotel is in Austrian style, but Austria 20-30 or even more years back. I am guessing it's all from the 70ties.

The bath/shower is in fact a mini bath tub, where I have to stand sideways to not touch touch wall or curtain.

The breakfast is ok, it is no buffet, you get some toasts and medialunas at the table, only serves with sWeet things (no ham or cheese) and they offer pancakes or egg.

We have been re-reading the reviews on tripadvisor, and we can't understand why it has so many good reviews. It is not that $650 is cheap... I expected something else.

My first disappointment in tripadvisor.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katinba
Reviewed December 4, 2014 via mobile

I believe that all the reviews are overrated. This hotel doesn't offer much more then a sober bed with old covers and a basic bathroom. After traveling through Patagonia for about 5 weeks this is the poorest hotel for the money that it takes! Furthermore I felt trapped as the hosteria only accepts prepayment..... Great policy!
Well a first disappointment with tripadvisor that's for sure!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hernan1300
Reviewed December 3, 2014 via mobile

I used to come to San Martin as a little girl, and stayed many summers and winters at this hotel. I love everything about it. It's so nicely decorated, so cosy yet private.

Nicely located. Walking distance from the lake and town.

A great place to visit during any season, with friends, family or as a romantic gateway.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2014

I love the location in that it is away from the crowds and crazyness of the central section of the city. It was windy and cool so not many on the beach and I'm not sure if a warm day would make a difference. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: It is a touristy town set in a very scenic area by the lake and surrounded by mountains. Only accept VISA for credit cards.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2014

We are just lowly backpackers but by paying in US Dollars cash we could just afford this place. What a treat.... lovely comfy bed, warm room, good shower and a charming place. Loved the hunting lodge feel and the awesome iron chandelier in the foyer.

Breakfast was good... endless coffee and tea... plus eggs which is good to break up the sweetness that is a Chilean breakfast. Helpful staff.... excellent restaurant recommendations. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that the wifi didn't work in the rooms but it was fine in the foyer :-)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple