See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2015

perhaps we had been spoiled by other Villa la Angostura options in the past,
but when we pulled the trigger on the high rate,
we were expecting something in line with that.

so to be as impartial as possible, I would say
it's clean, the personnel is very warm and nice.
it looks good
and the pool is really nice, warm water under glass.
there is a way down to the river,
though it was not well maintained, I wouldn't take an elderly person down it. But it is beautiful.

The room itself was on the small side, and the bathroom did fulfill the advertised "hidromasaje"
but it's a regular tub with holes for the jets more than a jacuzzi style tub we were expecting.

breakfast was small pastries, powdered drink colored orange, fruit, tea, coffee, cakes.
Also yogurt. Again, service especially by an older gentleman, was very warm.

Next time, we'll probably stay elsewhere, but it definitely works for a more modest rate.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Heaven are selling franchisees now.. You can find proof of that in Encanto del Rio!. I stayed there first time on 2009 at the hotel and was gorgeous, then returned last April at bungalow and was still wonderful... You can find peace, nice landscape and a beautiful river close to there without missing good service and a comfortable & clean accommodation. I'm sure I'll return again and again and again (every time I go to Argentina).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edwin F
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The facilities and the room are ok, although a bit far from the center of town (the car is the only option really). Beware when using your credit card for payment. I tried to pay using my credit card. First time the terminal showed the connection error but i got the sms that the payment was successfull. I showed it to the manager but he maintained that the payment didn't go through so he made a second attempt which was successful this time. On returning home i found out from my credit card statement that i was charged twice by the hotel so my stay costed me double of what i was supposed to pay. It's been 2 months since i made a complaint through my bank and the case is still stalled because there's no cooperation from the hotel or their argentinian partner bank.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank antonpisotski
Reviewed April 19, 2013

yes , when u arrive in "encanto drl rio" u arrive to paradise. the owners & their people love their work & love to help in every issue.
the rooms are a few mts. from the river & the guess hear the lovely river melody
i have a dream : to return very-very soon to " encanto del rio"

Room Tip: ask for the river side rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Staying here was a highlight of our trip. The cabins are beautifully warm and large enough to host a family or group of friends. The manager was extremely helpful and friendly and really made us feel welcome. There is also a nice indoor heated pool available for guests. It is about 5-7 mins drive from the village, but taxis are available. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends