“Great Place and service”
Review of Hosteria Le Lac

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Villa La Angostura
Hosteria Le Lac
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Villa La Angostura
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We arrived to Villa La Angostura ,after staying in San Martin .We choose to stay here bacause we read the tripadvisor comments ,and we are very happy we stayed .It is 3 stars inn ,but its more like a 4 star ,due to its furniture ,rooms, location ,view and service .
Our room was the Nahue Huapi lake and Andes view ,and we enjoyed so much sitting in the panoramic bowindow area to watch the stars at night ,or the sunset behind the Andes .Beds are very confortable ,as the hole room ,we slept very well ,very quiet area ,no noise at all ,has double glass windows too .The living room area is very cozy , as a home , has a very nice fire place , great lake and mountain view as its beautifull terrace and garden ,and has a pleasant back music to listen ;Breakfast was very good ,complete ,you dont need more , is a 3 star hotel ,so we didn t expected a huge 5 star hotel breakfast .
But the best was the service ,Andrea the owner takes so much care of all her guests ,she stays in the morning with everybody till she knows they know what to do or visit ,she told us to go to Villa Traful ,with a regular bus ,as we didnt have a car ,that leaves once a day ,and it is so much cheaper that a regular excursion .
The rest of the staff is also very nice ;Great location as is only 20 minutes walk to town or 5 minutes by taxi or you can also take a bus 3 blocks from the inn .We considered in staying in Puerto Manzano ,but without a car would have been a great mystake ;. as it is like 7 kms from town ,you cannot go walking ,and buses are not very frequent ,we dicovered when we visit this area
Only 2 blocks from Le Lac there is a beach entrance very nice ,and one kilometer or lees is the Correntoso River and Lake where you can enjoy a beautifull beach ,of fly fish .Andrea told us to go to two great hikes near the Inn ,the Mirador Belveder and the Cascada Inacayal .We also did the Arrayanes woods hike .Dont go to the Arrayanes from Bariloche ,is closer from Villa LA Angostura.
Everything in the inn is spotless ,so for us was the best place we stay in our trip ,and would come again

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2011

It should have been four and a half star :)

I stayed at Hosteria Le Lac for 8 nights in the last days of the southern summer. First and foremost I must thank the owner Andrea for her ability to guide me, care for me, and for reminding me of time. As an experienced solo traveller, I am used to organising my trips on my own, but this time I could just let go and forget all about time and just enjoy my stay. When I wanted to go horseback riding, Andrea arranged it, when I need a car, she made it come right to the door. She is informative, helpfull and fun, and has an eye for the little details that makes all the difference.
As I headed for Villa Traful, she told me to take the small roads first, as I then would have the sun in my back allmost all the way. And that is great when you are driving.

The rooms are spotless clean, the beds are really good, the view are stunning, the nearby restaurants Luma serves an exquisit tea with homebaked scones, which are worth travelling for. The staff, Lorena, Estefania and Juan were so kind and pleasing young people.
In short there is no reason why you should not stay at Le Lac. I hope to return shortly.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Nice place to stay. Very helpful staff and great rooms and bathrooms. A little ways from downtown, but taxis are cheap and easy to catch. Breakfast is nice and so are the views from the living room, which lacks a little ambiance and is somehow not very inviting (needs a fireplace??). But for the rest recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We are from Rio de Janeiro Brazil. I stayed with my wife and my two teenagers sons for 4 nights. Andrea the owner was extremelly helpfull with everything making reservations for restaurants, trips , etc. The suites were very confortable, great view of the lakes and the place was very close to the beautiful center of V.A. I really recomend LeLac.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MarianoRiodeJaneiro
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I was a bit hesitant at first since I was used to traveling and staying at bigger hotels, but I was put to ease after checking into Le Lac and being shown to our lovely room which had a bay window looking at a perfect setting of the lake and mountains. Our spacious room had a very comfortable bed, and a lovely sitting area by the window to enjoy a summer breeze and a glass of wine while watching the sun set directly in front of us. The bathroom had a great shower with a window that also looked out at the lake, so each room took full advantage of the incredible view.

Breakfast is served till exactly 10:00am, so being prompt is important. The coffee is hot and brewed to perfection, with warm milk in a thermos for a cafe late'. Breakfast is a bit slim, but good, offering croissants, toast, cereal and juice. It was enough to get going, but I could have used some fresh fruit and yogurt with a bit more variety since a big day of excursions started right after breakfast.

Speaking of excursions, there is no better person to speak with other than Andrea, who will not only give you many different options, but will make phone calls and reservations as well as prepare you for any little thing you must know before your journey. Andrea is caring, considerate, thoughtful and a bundle of information to insure that you have the best possible experience in Angostura. Every excursion we had, was great, and Andrea was always there to check on us the following morning.

Angostura itself is bit of a busy little town, so being outside of town was a real plus for us, but then again we had a car so that made moving around much easier. The beach is right below the hotel, so it is a quick walk to enjoy a beautiful sunset and bottle of wine and a book while watching the colors amaze you as the sun goes down.

We loved our experience here and will look forward to seeing Andrea again on our next visit through Angostura....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hosteria Le Lac for 3 nights last January. The room was comfortable, the bathroom clean and modern, and the views magnificent. This hotel is like a big house whose living room and dining room have large windows overlooking the lake and mountains and the beautiful garden with colorful blooming flowers. The whole place was furnished and decorated with excellent taste to make one feel like home. The owner Andrea was very friendly and helpful in giving us advice on where to go and what to see. She's extremely knowledgeable about the area and there are photo albums in the living room which show pictures of her explorations of Villa La Angostura and surrounding areas in different seasons of the year. The front desk staff was also gracious and attentive and gave us tips on restaurants and sights. Overall a wonderful experience for my first trip to Argentina.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Villa Angostura is majestic!!! My girlfriend and I were there for only two nights but Hosteria Le Lac is phenomenal. We planned last minute as we like to do things and Andrea, Martin, and the younger girl were extremely accommodating. They gave us recommendations for dinner, horseback riding (Thank you for an amazing time Gabino!), and hiking. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous, the staff was extremely helpful, the breakfast was very good, the view from our room was magnificent. The city center is only a few minutes away by bus or remise although walking is also fun and beautiful.

Andrea, thank you for everything. You love what you do and that's what makes everything so special. We couldn't have asked for more.

I can't emphasize it enough... if you stay anywhere else you're making a grave mistake!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple