All reviewsexcellent locationlake and mountainsjamsbedroombathroombreakfast
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Cottbus. It is located in the city centre, just 5 minutes from Mitre, the city's main street. There is a bit of a steep walk on the way back from the city centre, but it is a very short walk. Don't let that put you off! The hotel staff were all very efficient and friendly. I had a room on the third floor, with a view of Nahuel Huapi lake and the spire of the beautiful cathedral. The room was tastefully decorated, recently refurbished with a comfortable bed, new carpet, free wifi, a safe, a flat screen TV, desk and a (very rare in mid-range hotels) beautiful spacious bathroom with a superb shower. The breakfast was served on the first floor and included delicious pastries, croissants, scrambled eggs, fruit salads, cheese, ham, bread, jams, dulce de leche and good coffee. I spent 7 nights there and loved it. I was told by the manager that most rooms had now been refurbished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake, from the third floor upwards. .
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2017

We moved here from a cheap hotel on Mitre and found that for just a little higher price, we got a dramatically better place to stay. Some other reviews talk about dated rooms and poor wifi. That's not what we found. Our room and bath appeared fresh and the bath newly remodeled. We were able to use wifi for streaming in our room and in public areas. Our room on 4 had great views of the lake and mountains. Good breakfast. This place is a short, but steep, walk up from the shopping peatonal.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4 & 5 have the best views across the lake.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2016

We checked in on the 10th Oct & 18th Oct. The room is compact but big enough for a suit case & a back pack. Comfortable room and shower is big enough for us. On the 18th Oct we were given a bigger suite without extra cost as that was the only available room on the afternoon we checked in. Breakfast is adequate. Would have like to have more different type of cereals & fruits. Overall very happy & would definitely come back again & recommend the hotels to friends.

Room Tip: rooms at the front have lake view but close to the main road. However I didn't notice the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

We booked a room for 3 nights, based on the reviews here. Surprisingly, we found the room to be very old, not well maintained. The safe didn't work, the heat didn't work, and we had a very cold winter night. The room has only 2 lamps, and is very dark at night. The bathroom are very small, and very bad maintained. The toilets and the sink didn't work well. After one night we asked to change room, and to our complaints the receptionist answer: "yes, this is what you get for the classic type of room". We moved to a much better and renovated room at other floor, but we're requested to pay more for it.
In the new room the Wifi didn't work, for the next two days. The reception say it would be fixed, but it wasn't for the last two days.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2016

After reading the glowing reviews, it looked good. So, I pulled the trigger only to fine an average, dated hotel, that, while clean, was sited up a steep hill and truly nothing special. Though the reviews said to the contrary, the Wi-Fi did not work in my room. When I complained they said there was nothing they could do, finally I complained enough, and vociferously enough, that the night receptionist came to my room and gave me access to another Wifi network--- where was the service all that time I had lost?? Two of three receptionists were good, the woman in the morning and the boy saviour late at night, the old man during the day was not willing to help with any issue. Better options elsewhere?

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business