All reviews excellent location lake and mountains jams bedroom bathroom breakfast
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Excellent location, in downtown, near restaurants, pubs and the lake, I spent four days in this hotel during a business travel. Rooms seem to be recently refurbished. Good space for the bedroom and the bathroom. Excellent view to the lake and mountains from the fourth floor, and very kind and helpful staff.
Breakfast was also very good and well served, with great variety of choices including local jams. Hopefully I will return in my next visit to Bariloche.
The only limitation was wi-fi, free but poor.

Room tip: Better view from higher floors
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2017

I strongly recommend to book the hotel Cottbus. I went with my wife for a four stay. The hotel is very close to downtown just two blocks away. Very quiet and clean. The room space is very good (room 201). Breakfast is good and with hot buffet.
What is more important is the hotel team that are adorable, polite and can handle easily your request.
Finally, I would like to recommend Mrs Malen that is a very kind and honest person. It was a pleasure to meet her.

Emmanuel

Room tip: As room 201, it has a very nice view
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located 3 streets up the hill but it is not a problem as if you are too tired, taxi from the city center costs only around 1.5 had. The hotel staff is pleasent and we were given an early breakfast on our last day (We had an early flight)

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Cottbus. It is located in the city centre, just 5 minutes from Mitre, the city's main street. There is a bit of a steep walk on the way back from the city centre, but it is a very short walk. Don't let that put you off! The hotel staff were all very efficient and friendly. I had a room on the third floor, with a view of Nahuel Huapi lake and the spire of the beautiful cathedral. The room was tastefully decorated, recently refurbished with a comfortable bed, new carpet, free wifi, a safe, a flat screen TV, desk and a (very rare in mid-range hotels) beautiful spacious bathroom with a superb shower. The breakfast was served on the first floor and included delicious pastries, croissants, scrambled eggs, fruit salads, cheese, ham, bread, jams, dulce de leche and good coffee. I spent 7 nights there and loved it. I was told by the manager that most rooms had now been refurbished.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake, from the third floor upwards. .
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2017

We moved here from a cheap hotel on Mitre and found that for just a little higher price, we got a dramatically better place to stay. Some other reviews talk about dated rooms and poor wifi. That's not what we found. Our room and bath appeared fresh and the bath newly remodeled. We were able to use wifi for streaming in our room and in public areas. Our room on 4 had great views of the lake and mountains. Good breakfast. This place is a short, but steep, walk up from the shopping peatonal.

Room tip: Rooms on 4 & 5 have the best views across the lake.
Date of stay: January 2017