All reviewsappealing placespoke englishwonderful staysube cardspent nights herehotel is locatedstar hotelbuenos airesmariana4kmhoststownlakes
Reviewed February 2, 2017

This is a small and charming boutique family hotel managed by Mariana and Alejandro. Homemade breakfast is very yummy. They will help you book tours and explore the city, you will feel home away from home. The room and bath was very clean. The location is 4 km from the city, there is a bus stop right at the corner of the street, and the hotel can also manage for a taxi. Overall I was very happy with my stay, I am a single traveler.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2017

My wife and I stayed with friends at the Hosteria Antu Kuyen several nights in January. We were concerned with communication as neither of us speak Spanish. We arrived early morning via and easy taxi trip from the airport. The owner spoke English, was friendly and very accommodating. He recommended we rent a car to get around and made the arrangements for a car to be delivered to the hosteria and to be picked up at the bus station at the end of our stay. The hosteria had parking available for our rental car. Parking is essentially nonexistant in down town Bariloche. Since we had a car we did not use the local bus service. We did notice that many of the bus stops had long lines of people waiting for the bus. There is lots of spetacular views of the lakes and mountains. The area was covered with glaciers about 30k years ago resulting in steep rises and bare rock faces down to the water. The boat tour through the national park is well worth the 7 hour trip. The Catedral Ski resort is an easy drive offering spectacular views of the area. The property is currently under construction where they are adding a third floor. I provided a 5 star rating despite the construction because of the excellent, friendly service and the construction did not in any way impact our stay. The weather was 40 F to 75F each day we were there. We loved Bariloche and recommend visiting the region and if you do plan to visit seriously consider staying at the Hosteria Antu Kuyen.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duane A
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

I arrived to a very warm and friendly reception where the desire to ensure that I enjoyed my stay felt entirely genuine.

I deliberately chose Antu Kuyen for it's location, out of town, and it's nature, an 'antidote' to the large anonymous hotels I frequently use and, happily, I chose well.

The breakfast area and reception are modern and light filled. My room was simple but comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped. Throughout the guest house the cleanliness and attention to detail was immaculate.

My only caution would be if you are a light sleeper and prefer an early night make a request for a suitable room. I found that sound travels easily from the reception area, where socialising takes place, that is until around 11pm when if fell silent. This suited me perfectly and I slept very well indeed.

The location is great, if being 4km from the centre of town suits you. I walked into town, along the lake, but there are also frequent buses. The guest house is less than 100m from the lake with a beach, a supermarket and restaurant only a few minutes walk away.

The breakfast was wonderful, all homemade by the hosts (including the bread, cakes and great medialunas) and eggs were cooked to order. Sharing the breakfast area with just a few others at a time also made for great conversation.

Mariana and Alejandro are fantastic hosts who not only provide great accommodation but also a delightful atmosphere.

I have already promised myself that I will return to this naturally stunning area and this wonderful guest house.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rthomp4435
Reviewed January 11, 2017

Mariana and Alejandro really know how to make travelers feel comfortable. They offer you delicious breakfast with homemade bread and sweets, excellent guidance on how to get to the best places around Bariloche and how to make the best of your time while staying there. Their attention is just great. They helped us to get a rental car and even drove us downtown to pick it up at the car rental agency. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2016

We booked this place because we saw the customers- feedback was good.. It was fantastic. Rooms are clean, lots of wood, and it looks like a swiss chalet. The owners are simply adorable. Breakfast was superb, fresh and they did just what we wanted! the owner also prepared us sandwiches for the bus journey! It was really nice and you can take a quick taxi to go to the city its just about 5 minutes

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple