See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 4, 2015

we felt very welcomed by the staff, and the owners make you feel at home! The location allows you to enjoy a beautiful view to the lake and town. The rooms are comfortable, well equipped and nicely decorated. You feel quality.
The food is delicious! The atmosphere is cozy and pleasant. We felt very happy here and would love to come again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ManuelaC1038
Reviewed March 22, 2015

I loved this Hotel the Staff were great, the ambience quiet, OK for most people you would need a car I didn't have one but didn't miss out. Breakfast was more than adequate and I had 5 evening meals there and that would be the only small criticism I would make, the menu does not vary at all.The bedrooms are a good size with plenty of storage. The view from the hotel is brilliant and some great sunsets were a bonus.But the staff are the big bonus I thought them all very helpful and kind to me a single traveller.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank curly123
Reviewed January 27, 2015

We stayed for 2 nights with our whole family... Welcomed warmly with a glass of Pisco...loved our room (2 adults and 2 college aged children)

Very comfortable room and open spacious public spaces

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We LOVED our stay here. Welcomed warmly with a glass of Pisco...loved our room (2 adults and 2 college aged children) Try to find a room with a view of the sunsets Highly recommend!
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iwass
Reviewed January 12, 2015

I am in the process of putting in an official complaint to the Secretary of Tourism of El Calafate and of Argentina. We had a reservation for December 18, 2014 that we made online. On my reservation I specified and called out that we would be arriving on the daily flight from Buenos Aires into Calafate at 1:30AM and that we would arrive to the hotel very late that night. It was 0 degrees at 1:45AM when we pulled into the hotel on a taxi. We rang the door bell of the lobby, no answer. We did this for 30 minutes. No luck. We called the hotel phone number. No answer (I could hear it ring from the outside). We called and rang the door bell for a total of 45 minutes. We knocked, we tried it all. We were left stranded for a paid hotel room in a hotel that is far from the city center, on top of a mountain, with NO ONE around to help us. The IRRESPONSIBLE HOSTERIA MEULEN STAFF left us outside in 0 degree weather with our suitcases. The night staff left the lobby completely unattended. Luckily, we had packed warm clothes. Had this been an older couple, they could have DIED waiting in the cold for the irresponsible Meluen staff. I had hurt my foot and had a 50 pound suitcase with me. What did we do? We walked for 45 minutes to the nearest hotel - by this time it was close to 4AM. The receptionist was not able to give us a room and was kind enough to call us a taxi to take us to a hostel that had availability in the center of town. For this, we also had to pay a second taxi. We contacted Hosteria Meulen for a refund. What did we get? Just a refund and a verbal apology of the "bad time" we experienced. Bad time? We were walking around each lugging our 50 pound suitcases in 0 degree weather, at the disposal of animal attacks and with a hurt foot... we could have died, gotten pneumonia... And what did they do in return? Give us our money back for the night that we had paid for, that's IT. They refused to pay for our taxi rides to and from the hotel and for the other hotel nights that we had to pay for (rates that were not planned for). For reasons far beyond belief, this hotel should be CLOSED. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY AT HOSTERIA MEULEN. This is the worst experience we have ever had and Meulen did nothing to make it more bearable.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travel4life2world
Reviewed January 6, 2015

very helpfull and kind people at reception ,bar and restaurant.
Very quiet place ,a bit far from center ,but reception organizing everything for customers with good suggestions. The rooms are a bit old fashion ,but very clean .The overall stay remains as very pleasant

Room Tip: choose rooms facing the Lake Argentino
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple