“Plentiful food”

Pancho Villa
Ranked #47 of 163 Restaurants in Banos
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Reviewed February 28, 2015

Four of us went to Pancho Villa for supper. Two had burritos, one had enchiladas and I had the beef fajitas. We had beer or wine which were both very reasonably priced. All of us were very happy with our menu choices. We also had beans, rice, salad and guacamole. My fajitas were very plentiful and filling. My only recommendation would be for more seasoning (cumin and garlic) in the meat. We were provided with two salsas, all of us liking the hotter one better. Our waiter also brought us more chips to finish the guacamole. Very happy to recommend Pancho Villa.

Reviewed February 2, 2015

We were a bit tired of Ecuadorian food by day 17 so tried this as a change of place. The atmosphere was nice and the food good. We shared mixed fajitas and there was plenty of meat and veggies. The lemonade was good as well.

Reviewed January 3, 2015

Savory TexMex food, vegetarian options, outstanding guacamole and the best Margaritas in town.
Saul, the owner, and his wife will give you personalized service and will take care that everything goes right.
This is a 14 year tradition restaurant and I always return when vist Banos (and the taste remains the same).

Reviewed December 27, 2014

This restaurant is in a nice location in Banos, Ecuador and is in an old house nicely decorated with pictures of old Mexican films and one particularly good shot of Pancho Villa and his gang before he was captured by General Sherman. Okay so now for the review. I went there with a lady friend for dinner. There were Margaritas on the menu at $6.50 each. Not overly expensive by North American standards but very expensive for Banos. These should be no more than $4 each. We each had fajitas, mine with beef hers with chicken. The plate came with beans and sauce ... i think i counted 5 beans and the rest was sauce, a paltry amount of rice and some lettuce, a slice of tomato and a bit of guacamole. My fajita was lacking the main ingredient i.e. meat. General Sherman would have had a tough time finding the meat in this fajita. Hers had chicken and this i can attest to as i saw it! The plates of food were small portions fit for anorexic types and overpriced by Banos standards. I had a coffee for desert with a crepe and ice cream which we shared. It was okay but i thought the coffee was a bit watery and maybe it was instant coffee. The bill was $34 in total. Not a lot by NA standards but you can get a really good dinner in other restaurants here with much better food for a lot less money. The upshot of this review is that i wouldn't recommend this restaurant and i know i won't be going back to it. After we left i went and had a hamburger to fill the hunger gap and i am not a big guy.

Reviewed December 16, 2014

While on a short holiday in Baños, I stumbled upon this gem of a Mexican restaurant. I was first impressed with its entrance up a long staircase, which makes it feel private, and overlooks the surrounding area. I chose a window table for the lovely nighttime view.

Living in Ecuador, I have not found especially good Mexican food for more than a year, but I was very pleased at Pancho Villa. Maybe the delicious margaritas they served clouded my senses, but it was the best Mexican food I've had in over a year! Best margaritas too. They were a bit pricey, but that didn't keep me from ordering seconds of a margarita THAT good!

I had nachos as an appetizer. They came with a nice homemade salsa that was spicy hot, but not too hot. There was also homemade sour cream and guacamole.

The tacos I ordered were tasty, with sides of rice and refried beans, which I had been longing for. I requested seconds on the homemade salsa to top-off my tacos. All was delightful!

My date and I were the only patrons at the time of our visit. The owner of this establishment is from Mexico. He speaks Spanish and English, and was a perfectly lovely person to chat with! I will definitely dine at Pancho Villa again, the next time I am in Baños!