Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$28
Hotels.comUS$28
TripadvisorUS$25
ZenHotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$28
PricelineUS$26
All reviews other guests in town few blocks noise wifi dogs earplugs hostel ecuador
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2019

This is a special place to stay in Banos tucked away in the hills it has a beautiful view of Banos. You can eat an amazing breakfast with fresh breads, juice, and coffee and head to your activities.

The staff are very kind and accommodating and are there to answer any questions you have about the city or your stay. When you first arrive, they provide you with a map of the city and explain how to get to the main activities, which is very helpful.

The room is my favorite part as it’s very cozy and a great size. The bed is very comfortable and the cleaning staff clean the room everyday keeping it very clean and organized. The room and stay has excellent value and I consider it more like a hotel than a hostel. I planned to stay for 3 days and stayed for 6 because it was just so lovely.

The location is great as it’s a few minutes walk away from the center, but far enough away to avoid the noise of the city.

If there is one thing they need to work on, the WIFI needs some improvement in the room, but in reception it works perfectly.

I highly recommend you make the choice to stay at Hostel Llanovientos for your next stay whether your solo, a couple, or in a group. I guarantee you will enjoy your experience and leave Banos with a smile and happy experience.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2019

Llanovientos is a great compliment to the town of Baños.

This is a quaint spot on a hill with fantastic views of the valley. The rooms are simple, but frankly people don't come to Baños to hang out in the hotel.

Service:
We arrived early evening after a full day of travel and exploring from Quito to find that one of our two rooms was occupied. The staff person on duty tried to resolve the issue and when she couldn’t she called the owner whom immediately arrived, resolved and identified the confusion. The owner is very personable and really nice; during check in which he did himself, he provided a map and highlighted the areas of interest. Since we were travelling with children he pointed out areas that would be better suited for them. His recommendations were spot on.

Travelling for multiple weeks, we were also pleased to know that they provide laundry services. This was a huge help and affordable!

La Sierra is known to have delicious bread and Llanovientos delivered. Breakfast was simple but perfect; and they accommodated my finicky kids with their fired egg whites, allowing us to start the day on the right foot. 

Finally, when we checked out, we had left an important personal item in one of the rooms. This was extremely unfortunate as we had left for Guayaquil which is 5+ hours away. When I called the hotel, they said they found it during cleaning. They also were able to send it to Guayaquil on a next day bus transit services. This was unexpected and remarkable.

Ultimately, I can't compliment them enough. They have fantastic customer service.

Rooms:
We had 2 rooms. (1st) a corner room in the upper level had a great view of the town. (2nd) had a bunkbed and a full size bed on the lower level. The rooms are simple. They are not glamorous or high-end. The bathrooms are old but clean.

The windows didn't have screens but that was a minor observation as the weather was comfortable enough to sleep with the windows closed. That being said, we didn’t notice any bugs in the room (and I was concerned about mosquitos during our trip).

Overall:
Overall I was pleased with Llanovientos. We had secured parking for our rented vehicle. I felt comfortable and safe on the grounds and the staff was top knotch. I highly recommend anyone looking for a place to stay to check out Llanovientos.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Nutshell - service great, accommodations ok, other guests inconsiderate.

We stayed here 3 nights - we booked last minute, arrived at 4:30am off the bus from Cuenca and despite our limited Spanish (they don’t speak English) we were able to check in easily. We got a private room.

The staff have been excellent. The laundry service is convenient and cheap. The location was fine for us, we walked everywhere and the hill was good to burn off the food we bought in town. It’s true the water wasn’t super hot, but the rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels. For the price it was a good place.

My only serious gripe is the other guests and the noise. The walls are thin and there are not real glassed-in windows, just slat windows between the court yard and rooms. People sit outside and smoke while talking loudly on face time, etc and it’s super irritating when you want to get up early to go for an adventure. It’s like they are right in your room. You can also hear all the craziness echoing from the street. Bring earplugs.

This is an ok place to save money on accommodations if you want to splurge on other activities.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The staff was incredible, attentive, friendly, helpful. Breakfast was delicious with choice of beverages, fresh fruit and juice, eggs and croissants with jam. Hotel is on a small hill above the town which didn’t bother me at all but might be a concern for some. Rooms were clean and towels changed every day.

Shower water was not hot, which is the most important thing after a day of activities in rainy Baños when you come back cold and needing to warm up. Internet speed varried. Could be very fast and very very slow at other times. Other guests were very loud and up talking in the courtyard till 4am most nights despite requests to keep it down.

If it weren’t for the incredibly friendly staff I would rate them lower.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2018

My family and I wanted to visit Banos from Quito and needed a place to stay for 1 night. We were looking for something economical but convenient. Hostel Llanovientos was a perfect match! Although they have a small parking lot, we managed to park both cars without any issues thanks to their free parking amenity. Check in was a breeze and the staff is very friendly, even taking a few minutes to explain the surroundings of the town and how to find your way around. They even made the effort of making us comfortable. We were a family of 8 and rented 2 rooms. But they had an extra room available and gave us 3 rooms for the price of 2. Breakfast was simple and available at an extra cost consisting of eggs, fruits, toast and coffee. The center of town is about 5-10 walking distance. Casa del Arbol is about a 20 minute ride and Pailon Del Diablo is about 30-40 minute ride. Overall for the price this is as good as it gets and would recommend it to anyone on a short stay.

Date of stay: August 2017