All reviews beautiful pool hot water beautiful hotel palusami jesse airport showered samoa nz
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

I had the Best Experience staying at The Moanalisa Hotel. It is Perfectly Located if you are a tourist. you are close to everything! There's a Money Exchange shop next door as well as 2 major banks(ANZ and bank of Samoa)less than 1 min walk from the hotel. Right across the Street is a Huge Supermarket where you can purchase anything from groceries and hygiene to medicine or more data for your phone. Hotel staff are very Professional and are always willing to help with anything you need. The Owners are so nice and welcoming! They are at the Hotel everyday making sure that everything is running accordingly. I met Jesse Lee and his wife Moana Lee owner of the Palusami Restaurant located at Moanalisa Hotel, Very Nice people. Every dish I tried at the restaurant was AMAZING! I recommend the Taro chips and Palusami Dip. Also his BBQ- PERFECTION! His BBQ taste better than a lot of BBQ spots out here in the USA.(I didnt believe it until I actually tasted his BBQ). My Room was very spacious, had Cold A/C, a strong flushing Toilet and Hot Water that didnt go cold on me while I Showered. Overall I had a great week stay at Moanalisa and I am going to stay with them again come the next round!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Lovely stay with very hospitable staff and grounds people. When you walk through the doors you enter an oasis right in the middle of town close to all the markets and shops. Perfect for your stay while in Apia with a beautiful pool. The restraurant was delicious as well!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel close to Apia. Lovely sanctuary to come back to after a day of shopping or sightseeing. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and inviting and the pool refreshing and kids loved it. Food was delicious at restaurant. Loved our stay definitely going back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ebby0904
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This hotel is excellent for school trips. I took a group of 22 students and 4 staff to samoa and stayed at Moanalisa for most of the time. The staff are very helpful and the management were always accommodating of all of our requests especially being flexible with the swimming pool hours to allow our students to keep swimming to midnight as long as we were quite. All of our students loved the rooms and facilities especially the fact that the hotel was directly opposite the FRANKIES HYPERMARKET where they can buy food and drink whenever required, next to ANZ bank to exchange their money and only 10 mins from apia. Palusami chef Jesse Lee was great with providing our group with a menu that had a balance of both traditional dishes and what we were used to from NZ which was important for 90% of our students as they were not of samoan decent. I would definitely recommend Moanalisa Hotel for all school groups/sports groups travelling to samoa.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay at Moanalisa hotel but had dinner at Palusami restaurant one night while doing volunteer work in Samoa. Jessie the chef had sent his workers away on holiday to spend time with their family and so the restaurant was closed when we turned up. However he opened it up for us and even sat down and had a beer with us at the end and a great chat. His wife moana joined us and when we discovered there were no taxis available they drove us home! The food was INCREDIBLE!!! Also the koko samoa tart is to die for :) thanks Jessie and Moana!!!

Date of stay: May 2017