“Terrible”

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Apia
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Terrible”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Our flight arrived in the middle of the night and the Samoan tourism authority at the airport recommended that we stay at Tatiana's, which we regrettably did. We took a budget room. The staff were very nice, but the motel REALLY needs to be updated. There were blood stains on the sheets, bugs everywhere, no windows in our room, I could hear the people next to me the whole night, and loud music started around 5:30am. I got absolutely no sleep. The more expensive rooms are probably better but everywhere else that we stayed in Samoa was much nicer and had comparable rates. There is no reason why Tatiana's cannot invest a little money in cleaning up their facilities, buying new sheets and actually washing them in between guests.

If you are looking for budget accommodation in Apia, spend $10 tala more a night and go down the street to Valentines, they were much more attentive, the breakfast was better, beds more comfortable and rooms were so much cleaner. It's a MUCH better value, and still just about the same distance from downtown Apia.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
11 Thank katies08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed 3 March 2011

After a brief stay at Treasure Garden Hotel, I found Tatiana's to be a welcome change. Great location and friendly staff.

I did feel 120 tala was a tad expensive for a pretty basic room (we get the same type rooms back home for less than an equivalent of 50 tala), but found Samoa to be very expensive overall.

Rooms are cleaned only on request. I didn't mind, just needed a comfortable bed and the room had a fridge which was pretty much all I needed. If properly upgraded and maintained, I think it most certainly would be the place to stay :)

On the issue raised in some of the earlier reviews about prostitution by young girls being encouraged or overlooked, I did in fact encounter a group of young girls one night standing on the steps leading to the rooms on the second floor which is where I stayed.

I know they weren't guests and they were clearly loitering. Whether they were there soliciting or merely visiting a guest is unknown to me. I find it hard to believe that IF this was indeed an issue, management would not be aware of it, since the reception area has a clear view of all that come and go, and a watchman is on duty during the evenings.

Overall opinion is it's good enough for a short stopover and I would probably stay there again because of its convenient location and friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CatNamedChurch
Alvdal, Norway
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I acctually stayd there in february 2009. The girls in the reception (Sia and Sia) was so nice and helpful! The room vas nice and clean and had everything I needed fore a plaesent stay and good sleep.
Tatiana was wery helful answering e-mails when I booked the room. Sha also took me and some other guests to the beach one day.=)
Sia and Sia were wery helful answering all my questions! Recominding what to see and do during my stay in Apia. Sia also brought mee to church one day,a wery nice thing to do! I smile ewrytime I think of Apia,and thats becouse of the friendly staff at Tatiana!
I would most defenately recomend this place for other travellers! =)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Ida1987
LA
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is the worst of the worst-50 TALA for a single budget room but don't stay here unless there are no other rooms in APIA. VALENTINES next door and ELISA not far away are so much better.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank fehlow

Travellers are raving about these Apia hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2010

i also travelled there in late july mid august, 2009, and stayed in TATIANA FUGALEI with my mother and kids. i can vouch for the poor service and poor customer service that we had recieved especially for the money we payed which was 70sat a night. the reply i read from the owners from the customer who titled their review BEST OF THE WORST, is sadly all false, i cant even begin to believe that they would deny such things yet so many customers there were young school girls and old men of professional or marital commitments soliciting themselves. its very sad that they would say that jess was of mental health when that is not true. Instead of degrading your past customers TATITANA FUGALEI, why dont you put that energy and effort in upgrading your hotel of shame moreso your unprofessional approach and staff too, its typical of your attitude and expected denial, you must remember there were other guests there, and we saw it too, only it took for jess to come forth to break the silence. to dont downplay or degrade your customers, past nor present, remeber its your past that will be the making or your future. admit, humble and deal with the problem at hand. very sad of you to deny and THEY ARE NOT ALLEGATIONS. - very sad and upset past customer to TATIANA FUGALEI

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lisaandmum
Apia, Samoa
Reviewed 22 September 2010

well, we just came from the states and needed somewhere close to the market, so we chose to rent in tatianna.. Tatiana was half half.. the rooms needs to have fans and something that smells nice to keep out the smelly:) even though i wasnt really happy with the breakfast and some, but i got to sleep somewhere k.. thank you tatiana for the memories.. malo faafetai

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
hastings
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We spent 6 nights at this place in July and would like to say a big fa'afetai to Athene and her staff. Your friendliness and service was great. We couldn't have asked for better. We were very pleased with our room, and the tropical breakfast included, was more that adequate.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple