Our flight arrived in the middle of the night and the Samoan tourism authority at the airport recommended that we stay at Tatiana's, which we regrettably did. We took a budget room. The staff were very nice, but the motel REALLY needs to be updated. There were blood stains on the sheets, bugs everywhere, no windows in our room, I could hear the people next to me the whole night, and loud music started around 5:30am. I got absolutely no sleep. The more expensive rooms are probably better but everywhere else that we stayed in Samoa was much nicer and had comparable rates. There is no reason why Tatiana's cannot invest a little money in cleaning up their facilities, buying new sheets and actually washing them in between guests.
If you are looking for budget accommodation in Apia, spend $10 tala more a night and go down the street to Valentines, they were much more attentive, the breakfast was better, beds more comfortable and rooms were so much cleaner. It's a MUCH better value, and still just about the same distance from downtown Apia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within the busy precincts of the Apia Central Business District with a quick access/walk to the Fruits & Handicrafts Markets, restaurants, supermarkets and into the heart of Apia. Ideally for those who like to be in town in the middle of all the hustle & bustle. You have the choice of other locations or any room type from budget/backpacker’s room to the midrange self-contained air-conditioned standard room and/or deluxe room at affordable unbeatable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Tatiana Motel - Fugalei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tatiana Motel - Fugalei Hotel Apia
- Tatiana Hotel Apia
- Tatiana Motel - Fugalei Samoa/Apia