1,066 results
All reviews private beach sunset bar bedroom villa the general manager day pass room service teething problems relaxing holiday great facilities free shuttle ocean view buffet breakfast from australia visit samoa lovely staff fia fia night close to town
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Enjoyed our stay. Loved the friendly staff and service and loved the food. I would recommend this place to my family and friends if ever they decide to stay there, I also manage to get a massage there so that was pretty awesome as well.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nathangb, General Manager at Taumeasina Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Talofa Lava ibcstore8195

Thank you for choosing Taumeasina Island Resort, for your mini weekend vacation
We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon

Reviewed April 2, 2018

It was a wonderful experience. I tip my hat to all staff. They were amazing. Food was good. Breakfast choices were great too... every night had a themed night and there was always something to do. Faafetai Taumeasina for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Have a do not disturb tag available to all rooms
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Talofa lava linda862018

Thank you for spending the time to review your stay with us

I have shared your review with all the staff, and we are very happy that you enjoyed,

We look forward to your return

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

My partner & I stayed at Taumeasina on two separate occasions during a 10 day visit. The first time for one night only in a ocean view king room, and the second time in a three bedroom villa for four nights with some family & friends.

On arrival into Samoa, I had organised for a shuttle to collect us from the airport a few weeks prior to our arrival, and disappointingly on arrival we were advised that the shuttle had not left the resort & it would take 30 minutes to get to the resort and we were best off catching a cab. This was after 45minutes of waiting at the airport, safe to say it was wasn’t the best first impression.

However, on arrival at the resort we were greeted by a friendly and very apologetic front of house staff who waived our early check in fee and treated us to a complimentary breakfast. The early check in (given our 5.20AM arrival into Samoa) worked out perfectly for us & the mishap earlier was immediately forgotten.

The room was standard and nice. Clean with quite new facilities and a view of the water which was great. The beds were a little firm than expected but overall it was ok for two people.

The breakfast was a huge let down. Given the mass amount of local produce, I definitely expected more fresh than fried foods. The fruit spread especially was disappointing given I have enjoyed the luxuries of local fruit on prior visits & Taumeasina offered pineapple, oranges, paw paw, coconut and some canned apricot & peaches. Definitely more room for improvement in this area (I.e more healthier alternatives). I learned on the second stay the go-to breakfast item was, and that was the koko rice which was absolutely divine and that is what I ate every morning on the second visit.

I had read a number of reviews prior to my stay & many spoke of the terrible or lack of customer service, so I was quite weary of my experience when I did stay there. However I cannot fault the staff. They were all so friendly & accommodating whenever I encountered them. Eager to help, nothing was ever too hard, I even had one of the guys who manages the activities swim out to look and find my camera after my kayak toppled over (THANK YOU!!). I especially loved seeing the wait/bar staff during the live band on Friday night - they were moving and grooving to the music as they took orders and I definitely think their good energy rubbed off on a lot of the guests. Great bunch!

The three bedroom villa was not as spacious as I had anticipated it to be. The rooms & villa in general were quite small, and with six different bodies in one place, it can definitely start to feel a little cramped very quickly. The washing machine and dryer were such a great addition and the amenities overall were great in catering to a group travelling together. The view from the villa (similar to the view from any part of the resort) was simply stunning and I very much enjoyed the private beach only a few steps away from our door.

I loved the grounds at Taumeasina which boasts of beautiful plants and florals and I found myself wearing a different flower in my hair every day. The free kayaks for use were awesome, and the views were exquisite, especially the sunrise! Loved the pools except they should definitely play some music over the speakers so guests can enjoy their drinks by the pool and get the holiday feel all over. Hopefully this resort has a swim up bar next time I stay here :)

My overall experience at Taumeasina was pleasant. I had stayed at the Sheraton in Apia on previous occasions so I definitely found myself comparing the two.

Verdict:

Hotel grounds & facilities - Taumeasina
Food & entertainment - Sheraton
Rooms - both (but Sheraton’s beds were much more comfortable)
Staff - Taumeasina

Taumeasina is definitely on its way to being a first class resort. Like all hotels/resorts, there is definitely room for improvement, but I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Philly V

Talofa Lava Philly V

Thank you for spending the time to review your stay with us

You have given us a very extensive review, and we are glad that overall you enjoyed your time, I know that the staff are very happy in relation to you very positive comments.

I have shared your review with the kitchen and the new chef, and I am sorry that the front office team missed your transfer, but I am hoping that we made up for that, you are correct first impressions count, and it is a real shame, that the team missed your pick up

We hope that when you return, you will choose Taumeasina once again

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Awesome holiday. Staff were helpful and very friendly, always smiling.

Food was excellent including breakfast!

Room was tidy, clean and presentable and modern.

Lots of options for either busy people or those who want to relax.

Highly recommended A+++

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Talofa Jo3fis

Thank you for spending the time to review your Easter break with us

We are very glad that you enjoyed your time, and hope you will join us again for Mothers Day weekend

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Had an awesome time here. Food was great. Service awesome. Everything was clean and nothing was too much trouble. Staff were great. Rooms were nice and the pool was awesome. Was a great week to do nothing or something if you wanted

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Talofa Lava Isaiahsnana

Thank you for spending the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor

We are very proud and happy that you enjoyed your time with us. I have shared your review with the team, and they are all very happy

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon'

Manuia le Aso