“Fantastic Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2018

We had stopped at their old location many times, when they moved we thought they had closed. Just recently discovered they just moved. Still fantastic food and great service. They have some great lunch specials! You get a lot of delicious food. I don't live in Payson but will be stopping in again when I pass through town.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed January 3, 2018

The restaurant is very nice, the staff is very welcoming and the food wax great. We have eaten Thai food in many cities but this was ver authentic.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 16, 2017

On 12/15/17, after driving 2 hours from Pinetop, AZ it was time for a lunch break. We turned off the highway into a long strip mall that had the usual fast food chain restaurants near the road and spotted the Ayothaya Thai Cafe behind them in the mall. The restaurant is very clean and bright; Thai masks, colorful prints, and Thai elephants decorated the walls. There was a group of 8 seated in one part of the restaurant, and several small family groups were eating at tables when we entered the restaurant. The lunch special included an entrée, choice of white or brown rice, and salad or soup for $10. Our waiter explained the differences between several menu choices which helped me to decide on a Sesame Shitaki mushroom vegetarian dish and my husband chose Beef Teriyaki. We chose brown rice and house salads with our meal. The waiter offered to put the house ginger and house peanut dressings on the side of the salads so that we could sample both of them. The house salads were pretty ordinary; small dishes of torn iceberg lettuce topped with carrot matchsticks. The ginger salad dressing was fresh, full of spicy grated ginger, and salty, the peanut salad dressing was smooth, rich, and sweet; I thought I liked the peanut better, but kept wanting to taste the ginger dressing again. When our entrées arrived, they smelled amazingly good. Each dish came with a soup spoon because it contained a lot of flavorful sauce and vegetables. My husband really liked the taste and texture of the brown rice. The sauce on my mushroom dish was delicately flavored; the teriyaki sauce on my husband's beef dish was robust and sweet. Our entrées provided more food than either my husband or I could eat so we asked for to go boxes and had an evening meal when we arrived home. This is a great place for a leisurely meal.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 14, 2017

We had a chicken dinner with veggies. The atmosphere was casual and down to earth, and really affordable. We like the water, served with infused fruit. We wanted to return, but didn't make it back, unfortunately. Maybe next time we are in Payson!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I am so glad that I found a place to fill the void I was feeling in my food soul. My wife and I are THAI SNOBS!!!! This place delivered a stellar amount of authenticity and flavor that has me salivating as I write this. My wife had yellow curry that we ate as leftovers today that was AMAZING. I ordered a chef seafood special spicy that killed it. Amazing little place Payson should be grateful for a great place to eat

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Ayothaya Thai Cafe? Share your experiences!